COVINA, Calif. — Police in California say two children were hospitalized after eating a marijuana cookie they found on a kitchen counter, and their mother was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment.
Covina police Lt. Tim Doonan says the girls, ages 10 and 11, found the chocolate chip cookie in a baggie when they came home from school on Monday.
Doonan tells the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that the girls felt ill, complaining of numbness and pale, clammy skin, and were taken to a hospital, where tests showed traces of marijuana.
Their mother, 33-year-old Veronica Sylvester, remained in jail Wednesday on $100,000 bail.
Doonan says she told detectives she got the cookie from a friend for medical purposes. But Doonan says Sylvester had no prescription for the drug.
January 26, 2011
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.