1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

3 Children Vomit Blood After Taking 'Clockwork Orange'

By Roor, Apr 26, 2013 | Updated: May 12, 2013 | | |
Rating:
3/5,
  1. Roor
    Two girls and a boy aged 15 'rushed to hospital vomiting blood after taking Clockwork Orange legal high'

    Legal high advertised as 'dynamic blend of herbal mix' that gives a 'real hit'

    Three teenagers have been treated in hospital for vomiting blood after taking a legal high known as Clockwork Orange Herbal Incense.

    Paramedics were called to a house in Blyth, Northumberland after the teenagers fell ill. The two girls and a boy, all 15-years-old, were taken to Wansbeck District General Hospital yesterday. One of the girls was then transferred to North Tyneside Hospital. They are said to be in a stable condition and have been kept in hospital for observation.

    Officers are working to find out where the substance came from.

    The incense is described by producers as an 'awesome herbal mix and dynamic blend that gives a real hit'. Users are advised to light the substance in an incense burner and inhale the fumes. Legal highs- which mimic the effects of illegal drugs- often contain chemicals that have not been used in human consumption. Users can never be sure what they are taking and what its effects might be.

    Superintendent Alan Veitch said: 'We want people to be aware of the dangers of taking drugs, including so called legal highs. 'I would like to stress that the use of legal high drugs is not safe and can kill or have a devastating impact on people's health. 'These substances often contain potentially dangerous chemicals.
    'Anyone who misuses drugs, prescribed or non-prescribed, is putting their life at risk and people should also be aware that this risk is significantly increased if mixed with alcohol. 'We are working to identify and visit premises selling these substances and will take any action necessary to ensure the safety of the public.'

    The Daily Mail (Sara Smyth reporting)
    21st April 2013
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...blood-taking-Clockwork-Orange-legal-high.html

Comments

  1. Moving Pictures
    The should have read the book or watched the movie first. They would have known the high was going to be miserable.

    Yeah, this is the dumbest name I've heard for a legal high yet.
  2. Pinpoint pupils
    Hahaha you said what I was thinking pictures
  3. Smeg
    Apart from the alleged reference to a film which the director actually banned himself, this report comes from The Daily Mail.
    In these Islands it's historically linked with bigotry, racism, fascism and Nazism. It's a darling of right-wing moneyed white people.

    In the article above there's not a single reference to the toxicology relating to these unfortunate incidents. Not even a scintilla of evidence to suggest that this blend was in any way culpable for the claimed symptoms of those children in this (daily published) biased UK gossip sheet.

    I'm not suggesting that there might be some grains of eventual fact here, but the Daily Mail wouldn't even dream to be a party to truth anyway, and is no judge of itself now nor in the past.
  4. MikePatton
    This is one of those articles that contribute absolutely no information what so ever... Unless they post the toxicology report and let us know what substance was involved, this is just another "drugs are bad" new article.
  5. Großschmackhaft
    They vomited blood because they smoked this stuff? Makes no sense to me. Or did they swallow it? I guess we will never know.
  6. zerozerohero
    inhaling certain agents can cause internal bleedings, so there's a fair chance they just smoked or inhaled it.
  7. Großschmackhaft
    Internal bleeding in the lung, yes. But the stomach? How can something that was inhaled cause the stomach walls to bleed?
  8. The Alchemist
    [Check4SPAM] RE: URL Attempt

    Three in hospital as 'legal high' drug research revealed

    EXPERIENCED clubbers are more likely to add the former ‘legal high’ mephedrone to their drug repertoires rather than use it to replace popular established club drugs such as ecstasy and cocaine, according to new research involving Durham University.

    Analysis of a survey from over 300 clubbers conducted just after the UK ban on mephedrone showed that clubbers will take ecstasy pills, cocaine and MDMA powder as well as mephedrone as part of their drug repertoires.

    Over the weekend three teenagers were rushed to hospital vomiting blood after taking a legal high known as Clockwork Orange Herbal Incense.

    The findings indicate that polydrug use is the norm amongst clubbers with legal, newly banned and established illegal club drugs all forming part of the drug range, particularly for ‘early adopters’ such as gay clubbers in London.

    The researchers say polydrug use significantly increases risks of health complications and therefore puts strain on the NHS.

    It also puts pressure on the criminal justice system and demands more specific targeting of interventions such as drugs outreach, information services and drug treatment.

    The research, published in the academic journal European Addiction Research, was conducted by Lancaster and Durham universities and Guy’s and St Thomas Hospitals, London with funding from the British Academy.

    Co-author Professor Fiona Measham of Durham University, said: “Polydrug use can increase the potential harms for drug users and wider society, putting a greater strain on health and criminal justice services that are already over-stretched.

    “If we know little about individual 'legal highs' we know even less about their combined use.”

    Paramedics were called to a house in Blyth, Northumberland, at 5.35pm on Saturday after the teenagers fell ill.

    The two girls and a boy, all 15-years-old, were taken to Wansbeck District General Hospital.

    One of the girls was then transferred to North Tyneside Hospital.

    A spokesperson for Northumbria Police said their condition had been described as stable and that they were all being kept in for a few hours for observation.

    Officers are carrying out enquiries to establish where the substance came from.

    Superintendent Alan Veitch said: "We want people to be aware of the dangers of taking drugs, including so called legal highs.

    "I would like to stress that the use of legal high drugs is not safe and can kill or have a devastating impact on people's health.”

    The Northern Echo
    28th April 2013
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...pital_as__legal_high__drug_research_revealed/
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!