Victims Overdosed On Legal Products
Milton police and the Rock County Sheriff’s Office Special Investigations Unit said Friday they are investigating two overdose incidents in the community in the past week.
Police said both overdoses were the result of legal products that law enforcement cannot currently control.
Authorities said a 26-year-old man is believed to have overdosed on a substance called “K2” or “Spice” on May 14.
Investigators said the product is typically imported from Korea or China and has effects on humans similar to that of marijuana. The typical means of ingestion is smoking and it can be purchased legally, police said.
Police said that a different 26-year-old man overdosed on gamma-Butyrolactone, commonly referred to as “GBL," on May 20.
Police said GBL is typically found in cleaning products, such as those used to clean graffiti damage, or car rim cleaners.
Authorities said both overdoses required hospitalization but were not fatal.
Milton police said they want to make the community aware of a dangerous trend of people abusing these very dangerous legal substances in hopes of preventing future overdoses.
May 21, 2010
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.