POT GROWER ELECTROCUTED
WINNIPEG -- A 41-year-old man was electrocuted to death Wednesday night in
a home while apparently tending to his illicit marijuana grow-op, said
police. "It should serve as a very grave warning to others who are thinking
about establishing an operation like this," RCMP spokesman Sgt. Steve
Saunders said yesterday.
The body of Daniel William Nolin was discovered by a friend about 7 p.m. in
the basement of a two-storey farmhouse.
Nolin, who was renting the home, was "in the process of moving a light"
when the deadly incident occurred, Saunders said.
Wiring in marijuana grow-ops is often not up to electrical codes, which can
put the operators at risk, he added.