THE sister of former Formula 1 racing driver David Coulthard died from an overdose of a prescription drug, it emerged yesterday.
Lynsay Jackson, 35, passed away last February, just 10 months after giving birth to a daughter, Emilie.
It was thought she suffered a heart attack but toxicology tests have revealed she died from a “propranolol overdose”.
The beta-blocker is prescribed for a variety of common health problems, including heart and circulatory conditions, and high blood pressure.
It is also used to help reduce the symptoms of anxiety and to treat other ailments, from migraine headaches to thyroid problems and glaucoma.
The drug has been linked to other deaths, most notably the American actress Brittany Murphy.
Propranolol was found on the bedside table of the Clueless star after she died suddenly, aged 32, in her Los Angeles home in December 2009, after suffering from flu-like symptoms and shortness of breath.
By David Pilditch
Photograph Getty; David Coulthard who was not available for comment.
Monday 27 January 2014
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.