Ecstasy binge led to man's death
A MAN died from an ecstasy overdose after an all-night binge at his supervisor's home.
An inquest at Halifax Town Hall into the death of 21-year-old Thomas Hodgson, a computer software programmer for SSP at Dean Clough, Halifax, heard he took three pills at Dylan Wheller's house at Rayner Road, Brighouse, during a Friday night drinking session.
They later asked a friend, Aidan Kent, to bring some MDMA powder – a purer form of the drug. Kent arrived with the drug which they mixed with water and drank.
Later, Wheller and Kent told police Mr Hodgson had reacted badly. He panicked and cried: "I'm going to die. I don't want to die."
Mr Hodgson was found face-down on the living room floor.
A post-mortem on Mr Hodgson, of Heath Park Avenue, Halifax, found a high level of MDMA in his body and tests showed he had taken the drug before.
Deputy coroner Paul Marks recorded a verdict of non-dependant abuse of drugs.
Wheller and Kent were later jailed for drug offences.
Published Date: 18 December 2009
By Emily Heward
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.