A clubber was Britain's first victim of the drug known as meow meow, an inquest heard yesterday.
Kat Macken's last words were: "Oh my God, what have you put in my drink?"
Caroline Waddington, a paramedic who tried to save her, told an inquest: "It was the only sentence she managed to get out."
Kat, 20, of Eyres Monsell, Leicester, died after taking a wrap of plant food mephedrone from Thomas Calvert.
At the time of her death in October, the stimulant remained a "legal high".
It was banned in April.
Calvert, 25, since jailed for raiding bank ATMs, was cuffed to a guard as he told the Leicester hearing she had asked to try meow meow.
Pathologist Amanda Jeffrey said Kat had a heart attack after taking the substance.
Coroner Donald Coutts-Wood recorded a death by misadventure verdict, saying there was no evidence of any drug being forced on Kat.
By Rod Chaytor 20/08/2010
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.