Cops are probing a Brooklyn college student's fatal fall from an eighth-story dormitory window, which friends said occurred after he consumed hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Michael Simmons, 19, fell to his death around 2 a.m. Sunday from the St. George Hotel in Brooklyn Heights.
Simmons, of Tempe, Ariz., had just begun studies at New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, friends said.
There was no criminality, said police, who had not determined whether it was a suicide or an accident, or whether drugs were involved. An autopsy is being performed.
Simmons took mushrooms with a small group of people last night, friends said. The group split up shortly before Simmons fell, added the friends, who declined to give their names.
"He was a very talented actor," said Kayla Richards, 19, another friend.
"He was such a happy person. He always had a smile on."
Monday, November 8th 2010, 4:00 AM
BY Michael J. Feeney, Alison Gendar and John Lauinger
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
Friends say mushrooms contributed to Brooklyn College student's fatal fall