1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
  1. Terrapinzflyer
    A 22-year-old man suffered severe burns when a Sebastopol-area mobile home in which he was staying exploded and went up in flames Saturday, authorities said.

    The explosion is under investigation as being related to drug production, perhaps the manufacture of hash oil, in which volatile chemical solvents are used to separate potent resins from marijuana plant parts, Sonoma County Sheriff's Sgt. Vance Eaton said.

    If true, it would be the second such incident within a week. On Tuesday night, suspected hash oil manufacturing sparked an explosion at a house on Santa Rosa's Morgan Street, prompting one arrest.

    Saturday's fire, reported at 11:38 a.m., destroyed a Hutchins Avenue mobile home occupied by an elderly, disabled man who appeared to be unaware of any questionable activity in his home, Eaton said.

    The resident, who was uninjured, described the younger man as "a house guest," though the precise circumstances were unclear, Eaton said.

    The injured man had "at least second-degree burns" on his face, chest, arms and hands, indicating "he was right at the point of contact" for the flash explosion, Eaton said.

    The older man "seemed appropriately distraught and upset by the whole event," Eaton said.

    The fire gutted the mobile home, which collapsed and was a complete loss.

    The injured man, whose name was not released, was taken to nearby Palm Drive Hospital for treatment before he was airlifted to the St. Francis Burn Center in San Francisco.


    By MARY CALLAHAN
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
    Published: Saturday, November 12, 2011

Comments

  1. Terrapinzflyer
    This was the second explosion/fire in a matter of days linked to Butane Hash Oil extraction in the area. It's that time of year- when the trim scene is done and hash production kicks into gear.

    IMHO, butane extractions should never, under any circumstances, be done indoors.
  2. veritas.socal
    terrible. they should all know the dangers...why do it inside, with a pilot light on???
    thanks for bringing this to our attn, brother
  3. godztear
    The answer to your question is so simple. Try not to look down on the naive from a pedestal.

    People will always be curious, and with limited access to proper conduct, accidents happen. This is why I am strongly against the chemistry forum regulations and what can and cannot be talked about on the public forums. More harm then good.

    If only proper preparations were intact to prevent disastrous performance then this young man could have gotten the advice from any body with common knowledge and safety precautions before he blew his face off and destroyed his hosts home.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!