Hanna D. a 20 year old mother of a 1 year old child, died of heart failure last Thursday afternoon. She was said to have consumed a bath salt product. Its unclear what research chemical the bath salt product contains. The toxicological analysis will take time.
View attachment 25186
Hanna had a meeting with her social worker at 3PM Thursday afternoon. In her social talk with her social worker she told that she had just picked up a free sample of a 'bath salt drug' at a local headshop and had consumed some of it on the way to the meeting.
During the session, Hannah abruptly collapsed while her body went into a spasm or cramp. Emergency services were called in, which rushed Hannah to the hospital. Shortly after arrival in the Hospital, Hannah stopped breathing.
Hannah's mother had spoken to her only one hour before her death. The dramatic news catched Hannahs mother completely unprepared and caused a mental breakdown.
A facebook message gave the police more information about the source of the drug: Hannah friended a headshop on facebook. A facebook post stated 'The product has arrived!'
When the police found out which headshop sold the bath salt drug to the woman, the police raided the headshop 'Head & Grow' located on the Bahnhofstrasse in Gmunden and arrested the 29 year old headshop owner: Doris G.
Similar products were confiscated in the raid. The headshop was closed and sealed.
The police had the headshop in sight before this accident but previously had no legal grounds to act. But a new 'novel psychoactive substances law' was introduced on January 1st 2012, which bans the sale of psychoactive drugs and explicitly defines a sentence of 10 years in jail for selling a psychoactive drug that leads to a fatality.
View attachment 25187
Hannahs brother and parents will raise the 1 year old that Hannah leaves behind.
Headshop owner faces 10 years after new bath salt kills young mother.