DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A Davidson County home is destroyed after officials said a house fire started when a man smoking a cigarette tried blowing his nose.
Officials said it happened around 3 a.m. at a mobile home at 425 North Silver St. in the Silver Valley Community. The man was not injured.
Authorities said the tissue caught fire when the man smoking tried blowing his nose. He reportedly tried stomping it out, but couldn’t and the fire spread.
Silver Valley fire officials said the home was fully involved by the time they arrived. A man and woman, both in their 60s, lived there and*got out safety, officials said.
The fire was out by around 5 a.m., but firefighters were still working on hot spots, according to authorities.
The home is said to be a total loss. The fire marshal is investigating, although it is not said to be suspicious. The American Red Cross is assisting the victims.
Posted 6:18 am, June 2, 2014, by Web Staff
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.