<DIV id=post_message_3552502>Wednesday, 12th October 2005
Killed by her first ecstacy
A MOTHER wept today after hearing how her daughter died after taking the dance drug ecstasy for the first time.
Sian Sadler, aged 18, took two pills - including a pink love-heart shaped tablet - in Manchester's Sankeys Soap nightclub. A Macclesfield inquest was told that she had bought the drug for just £2.50.
After taking the tablets, Sian, of Knutsford Road, Alderley Edge, needed help to walk.
Her lifeless body was discovered the following day by her boyfriend at his house, where she was staying.
Her mum Yvonne Sadler, a civil servant, said the last thing her daughter told her was she was going out again into Manchester after she had been to the city earlier in the day.
Sian had gone for the night out with boyfriend James Curtis and his friend Richard Dee in April and they all agreed they would take ecstasy.
Inside the nightclub, they approached a woman who sold them three tablets and they took one each.
Mr Curtis of Finney Road, Wilmslow, told the inquest he only gave her half of the love-heart shaped Ecstasy pill because he knew it was the first time she had taken it and he was "worried about her".
He added that he thought she should take it in small doses.
He said: "I remember her coming to ask if we were going to get any more and we lied to her. Then she came back to me later on saying she had one off someone else. I went up to the man and asked why he had given Sian another one."
After leaving the club and getting in a taxi home, Sian looked drained and complained of feeling ill.
Toxicology tests discovered traces of Ecstasy in Sian's body although it was not a large amount. Her cause of death was given as ecstasy toxicity.
Recording a verdict of misadventure coroner Nicholas Rheinberg said: "It's of course a matter of regret that medical assistance was not sought but bearing in mind that the individuals that were with Sian had also taken a similar quantity of Ecstasy with alcohol it may be that their usual judgment was impaired."