It's been a little over a week that I've been using Kratom. I can definitely feel when I'm on it. The energy is GREAT! I don't really feel any effects on mood... which is good and bad really. With my painkillers, I can get pretty bitchy. I've had a chance to try several strains and have received my order from a third vendor. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, although I did take the hint from threads here and requested some samples. They were happy to throw a few in. I also ordered a lot less and several kinds ( I have 7 10g samples from this vendor to try) All in all, I'd say it's been a successful experience. It's not been completely foreign to me though, as I've used ppt(poppy pod tea) in the past and the taste/texture is similar.
Some pro's and con's:
* I LOVE the energy and I love that less is more to get an energy boost. (use less to get an energetic effect and more to get a sedative effect)
* It's legal
* It works to relieve opiate withdrawal symptoms
* It's easy to find (and if you do a little sleuthing and pay attention to what you read here on the forums, you can figure out how to buy smart as well as easy)
* I've figured out how to mix it into chocolate milk in such a way that it's just like drinking a slimfast, masks the taste beautifully.
* Not deadly
* Tastes worse than poppy pod tea. (yeah... that bad)
* Messy to make into tea
* I've not experienced any euphoric effect
* Builds opioid tolerance
Tune in next time for an exciting look at "Tea vs. not tea" and "How the hell do you measure 5g's"
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.