A 2-year old child from Ohio County, Kentucky remains in critical condition after ingesting sulfuric acid her mother, 20-year old Racheal Arroyo, and her mother’s boyfriend, 23-year old Jared McStoots, used to make meth; the child has severe caustic burns on her lips and in her mouth and esophagus.
According to Tristate homepage.com, the couple waited 6-hours before bringing the child to an Owensboro hospital for treatment, where the doctors assessed the child, sent her to Kosair Hospital in Louisville, and notified the police.
McStoots and Arroyo were brought in for questioning and the police determined that the child swallowed the sulfuric acid drain opener, AKA Liquid Fire, that McStoots had measured out to make meth.
The couple has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, endangerment to a child and wanton endangerment; more charges are possible.
WIDK (Wish I Didn't Know)
June 10, 2013
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.