AP/BELLINGHAM — Bottles of marijuana-infused soda delivered to a Bellingham pot shop started exploding on the store shelf.
The manager of Top Shelf Cannabis, Zach Henifin, told KOMO* “It sounded like a shotgun going off.”
No one was injured at the store.
Henifin wore a face guard and protective clothing to move more than 300 bottles to a steel trash bin and most had exploded by Tuesday.
The legal sparkling pomegranate soda was made by Mirth Provisions of Longview and delivered on Sept. 28. Employees found a sticky mess the next day and heard and saw bottles randomly explode.
Mirth Provisions founder Adam Stites says there was too much yeast in the soda and fermentation caused excess carbon dioxide to build up.
October 8, 2014
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.