Mephedrone DID kill tragic South Ayrshire teen Jordan
TRAGIC teenager Jordan Kiltie WAS killed by the then legal high mephedrone - according to a toxicology report.
Since the 19-year-old died in March his heartbroken mother, Angie has had her grief compounded by rumours in Ayr that Jordan had died after taking a cocktail of drugs including mephedrone - which was being sold in shops as plant food.
She has now received a letter from Jo Cunningham in the Ayr's Procurator Fiscal's department that her son's cause of death was the drug.
Mrs Kiltie, 35, said yesterday: "This is proof that it has been mephedrone and nothing else that took my son's life. There was no alcohol in his system and he hadn't been mixing it with anything else.
"I want it to be made clear that I have not been paid nor have I sought any money for revealing the pathologist's findings, I have gone public because I just want youngsters to know that mephedrone on its own is a killer, in the hope that no other parents or families have to endure what we have been going through."
Full story in this week's paper.
Tuesday, 1st June, 2010 12:59pm
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.