The Hague, The Netherlands -
A Drugs-Forum report.
On Friday night, August 1st, a 18 year old man from the Hague has jumped from a window of his a domicile and died from his injuries later. The police received a call around 21.30, that a man had become very confused after wrong use of magic mushrooms and wanted to jump out of his window. The young man had locked himself in his domicile. When the police arrived at the scene, the man had already jumped out of the window. The man was badly injured. The man was transferred to the hospital where he died as a result of his injuries.
The man was depressed and ignored the instructions of the salesman and the warnings on the product flyer. He consumed the strongest variety available, took the magic mushrooms alone and while suffering from depression. Since alcohol and cannabis was found in his house, it is likely that the mushrooms where combined with alcohol and other drugs. Both the smartshop and the flyer warned against this.
When the ambulance crew member was stabilizing the man, an oxygen tank exploded. The ambulance crew member and two police officers got wounded. The work inspection will investigate this accident. It is unclear to what extent the explosion has influenced the death of the young man.
Dutch parliament will debate about a magic mushroom ban next month. The government wants to ban magic mushrooms, due to a suicide of a French tourist(17) last year.