Various forums are reporting that some people suffered from a DOI overdose at a party over the weekend.
The details in the article are sketchy at best but from what I've heard from people who were there, the drug was on blotter tabs not in tablet form (obviously, if you actually think about it). Also, apparently it wasn't just a surprise overdose or prolonged psychedelic crisis - at least one bloke went into convulsions which, when talking about psychedelic phenethylamines, we all know isn't a good sign.
So, basically, some prick has been selling DOI at a party no doubt saying "oh, it's just like acid". Then, because he did a fucking slopping job at laying it (why oh why put it on blotter anyway unless you're Satan?) and/or because it took a while to kick in and people redosed, the shit hits the fan. People should never pass off substances as something they are not or sell to people who are not familiar with the substance. This is how deaths happen, drugs get scheduled and party organisers get arrested. At the moment DOI is trivial to get on the internet and unscrupulous people may be trying to sell it by comparing it to something people are familiar with - LSD.
Does nobody remember what happened with DOM/STP in 1967?!
I really feel for those who have been affected by this.