Authorities say a 10-year-old Omaha boy found unresponsive in his home died of an overdose of prescription drugs. Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine says an autopsy shows Shykell Robinson died from an overdose of four drugs -- methadone, oxycodone, lorazepam and haloperidol.
Kleine wants to know how the boy got the drugs.
No arrests have been reported in Robinson's death.
Emergency crews were called to his home on April 15 when his mother couldn't wake him. He was rushed to the hospital where he died.
Investigators removed Robinson's siblings when they found "filthy and dangerous conditions," including mold and insects. Authorities say there were no beds and little food.
Posted: Thu 6:43 PM, Jun 14, 2012A , 10/11 News Associated Press
"It's really sad when something like this happens, even more so when it happens in your own backyard, like this one is for me." - Zen
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
Omaha Boy Dies of Prescription Drug Overdose