1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Pilot - With Pants Down - Arrested for Smuggling £2.4m of Cocaine into Kent

Rating:
5/5,
  1. Beenthere2Hippie
    Dutch national John Buwalda, 49, was held by officers in a Holiday Inn near Rochester Airport after arriving from the Netherlands in a light aircraft. A pilot is facing jail after being caught with his trousers down as he smuggled cocaine worth more than £2.4 million into Kent. Dutch national John Buwalda, 49, was held by National Crime Agency officers in a Holiday Inn near Rochester Airport shortly after flying in from the Netherlands in a light aircraft.

    Minutes earlier, his accomplice, Jan Polak, had been arrested outside the hotel carrying 48lb (22kg) of cocaine with a high purity level.

    Following a trial at the Old Bailey, the pair were both found guilty of plotting to smuggle in the Class A drugs in June. NCA officer Jim McMorrow had told the trial how he arrested Buwalda while he was sitting on the toilet. He said that after Polak was detained, officers went to the hotel room he had been in and discovered Buwalda in the bathroom.

    He told the jury: “Mr Buwalda was sitting on the toilet. He had a white top on and his trousers were by his legs. I informed him we had arrested a man...and he had given us the room as the one he had been in. I asked him what he was doing here and he said ‘I flew in from Hilversum today’. I informed him I was arresting him.”

    The Old Bailey was told that the drugs, which were found to have an 80 per cent purity level, were worth £2,408,040 on the street. Prosecutor Ailsa Williamson said that Buwalda, from Hilversum, told officers he worked for the Chinese Europe Medical Post Grad Academy, which provided European-standard training to Chinese-taught dentists.

    He is said to have told them he had flown to the UK on June 30 using the academy’s Piper Alpha to network at the University of Greenwich. But he admitted he had spoken to no-one at the university or set up any meetings before leaving the Netherlands.

    Prosecutors alleged he brought the drugs across in red metal boxes, which he claimed were wing weights used to prevent gusts of wind from lifting the wings while the aircraft is on the ground.

    Buwalda told the NCA agents he took the weights boxes into the Holiday Inn because he wanted to “show off and look the part of a pilot." But Ms Williamson said: “They were not wing weights and if they were, we would expect them to be attached to the wing and not taken into the hotel.” Polak, of Borehamwood, Herts, told officers he worked for a cosmetics company and was paid £300 to collect a package for a business contact called Timmy. He denied ever looking into the bag or knowing what was inside when questioned.

    Neither defendant reacted when they were found guilty. Sentencing was adjourned to February 3rd.


    By Emily Pennick - Kent News Today/Dec. 22, 2016
    http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/caug..._4m_of_cocaine_into_kent_faces_jail_1_4826821
    Newshawk Crew

    Author Bio

    Beenthere2Hippie
    BT2H is a retired news editor and writer from the NYC area who, for health reasons, retired to a southern US state early, and where BT2H continues to write and to post drug-related news to DF.

Comments

  1. aemetha
    Oh dear. I hope they let him wipe first. While drug smuggling is obviously a serious offence, principles of justice should require he have his day in court before being deprived of his liberty and toilet paper.
  2. AKA_freckles
    When I saw "pants down" and "cocaine" in the title, I pictured something different.

    So, if its 80% pure, whats the other 20%? And I don't want to hear levimasol.
  3. JonnyBGoode
    Probably levamisole or some other shitty cutting agent. I don't know why they don't just use non active cuts at least, don't fuck up what coke is left by adding speedy shit to it!
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!