As part of a crackdown on cannabis being grown by criminals in Nottingham, police have released a guide on how to spot if it is being grown near you. The month-long action is to tackle an increase in burglary and robbery, often with violence, which they see is linked to cannabis grows.
The indicators are:
- Strong, sickly smell given off by cannabis plants.
- High levels of condensation.
- Constantly covered or blocked off windows.
- Cannabis growing equipment transported to and from house.
- External modifications to the property, like ventilation.
- Constant buzz of ventilation.
- People loitering.
- Strong and constant lighting day and night.
- Unsociable coming and going at all hours.
- Lots of power cables.
Last updated Mon 29 Sept. 2014
Okay, okay. This release was so ridiculously funny that I just had to put it up as evidence of how clueless many police--and those calling themselves "journalists" can be. -- BT2H
ITV News/Sept. 29, 2014
Graphic: You Tube