As part of a crackdown on cannabis being grown by criminals in Nottingham, police have released a guide on how to spot if it is being grown near you. The month-long action is to tackle an increase in burglary and robbery, often with violence, which they see is linked to cannabis grows.
The indicators are:
- Strong, sickly smell given off by cannabis plants.
- High levels of condensation.
- Constantly covered or blocked off windows.
- Cannabis growing equipment transported to and from house.
- External modifications to the property, like ventilation.
- Constant buzz of ventilation.
- People loitering.
- Strong and constant lighting day and night.
- Unsociable coming and going at all hours.
- Lots of power cables.
Last updated Mon 29 Sept. 2014
Okay, okay. This release was so ridiculously funny that I just had to put it up as evidence of how clueless many police--and those calling themselves "journalists" can be. -- BT2H
ITV News/Sept. 29, 2014
Graphic: You Tube
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.