The Police of Copenhagen and the Medical Officer for Health warn about a batch of Heroin which is distributed in Copenhagen. The Heroin can be contaminated with deadly Anthrax bacteria.
The warning was given out, after a 55-year old drug addict died on Sunday due to an anthrax infection.
The man was admitted to Rigshospitalet after having shot brown Heroin. One of his legs was aching and he had a wound in the groin where the substance had been shot.
In spite of intensive care, his condition deteriorated quickly, and the doctors did not succeed in saving his life.
Investigations have shown that he died of Anthrax. It is thought that the bacteria come from a batch of contaminated Heroin.
Bought in the north-west
The substance was bought in the north-west area of Copenhagen around the 1st of July, explained Kim Nicholsen of the Copenhagen Police.
The police requests Heroin abusers to visit a doctor immediately if they have high fever and unusual ulceration.
The risk of Anthrax spreading from person to person is extremely small, according to the police, and as such there is no danger for the general population.
http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE1683513/politiet-advarer-mod-livsfarlig-bakterie-i-heroin/ (translation mine, omitted the final sentence about the link to the website where more information can be found about anthrax, since it's in Danish)
After the cases in Germany (https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1150168&postcount=290 https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188037), we can probably only hope that this won't spread any further.