Paramedics called in GBL scare
Seven adults were found poleaxed after taking controversial rave drug GBL at a children's party.
They had been using the tranquiliser, which is not illegal, while drinking alcohol.
The woozy adults, including parents of children at the party, were taken to hospital by paramedics after the alarm was raised when they began to pass out. The seven, aged from mid-20s to mid-50s, were all later discharged.
One woman neighbour in Ribbleton, Preston, watched in amazement as the adults were ferried to hospital in a fleet of ambulances.
She said: "It was beyond belief. There were at least four ambulance cars lined up and loading people in the back." GBL, or Gamma-Butyrolactone, is used by some partygoers to achieve a legal high. It is available on the internet despite calls for it to be banned.
Medical student Hester Stewart, 21, died in April after unknowingly taking the drug during a night out in Brighton.
Source - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...s-out-7-adults-at-kids-party-115875-21493475/
By Brian Roberts