1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
  1. Terrapinzflyer
    Report: Oklahoma may reverse-switch PSE law

    OKLAHOMA CITY (Oct. 2) According to an Associated Press report published Thursday, Oklahoma may join California in considering the reverse-switch of pseudoephedrine, making the common decongestant available only with a doctor’s prescription, in an effort to stem methamphetamine production.

    Oklahoma arrests for methamphetamine production have risen sharply over the past 18 months, peaking in April when 37 cases involving a total of 74 defendants were filed in state district court, according to the report.

    Rep. Lucky Lamons, D-Tulsa, Okla., announced plans to introduce the reverse-switch legislation in 2010.

    Both the Oklahoma Pharmacists Association and the Consumer Healthcare Products Association oppose the proposed measure, arguing that the are policies in place, if enforced, would effectively stem meth production while still maintaining legitimate access to the cold medicine.

    Similar to California and in Missouri, CHPA has offered to fund a state-wide electronic logging system that would enable law enforcement to track people attempting to purchase more than their legal limit in PSE products in real time.

    Oregon is currently the only state that requires a prescription for pseudoephedrine products.

    By Michael Johnsen



To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!