1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

S.E. house fire, explosion allegedly caused by people cooking hash oil

By Balzafire, Sep 2, 2010 | |
Rating:
3/5,
  1. Balzafire
    CALGARY – Calgary police say an explosion at a Lake McKenzie home was allegedly caused by two people cooking hash oil.

    Arson investigators say the fire at 7:00 pm on Monday, which sent two men in their mid-20 to hospital with serious injuries, was caused when they allegedly were in the process of making the drug in the bungalow home in the 14800-block of Mt. McKenzie Drive.

    "We think at the time they were involved in the production of hash oil," said Staff Sgt. Grant Miller.

    "In the process of doing that, it ignited and caused the burns they're now suffering from."

    A police officer was taken to hospital after entering the house and treated for smoke inhalation. He has been released from hospital.

    No charges have been laid in the case.

    Miller said the quantity of drugs was "a little more than personal consumption, but this is not a large operation.

    "It doesn't have to be a large operation to cause a risk to the rest of the community," he said.

    When police arrived at the residence just after 7 p.m., the two men who were severely burned were outside on the lawn, duty inspector James Hardy said.

    "One of our officers went inside to check the house for other potential victims and he suffered minor smoke inhalation."

    The officer is in good condition and is expected to recover, said Hardy.

    The blaze inside the kitchen was small, after a neighbour had placed a hose through the window to douse the flames.

    "The window broke in the explosion so the neighbour put a garden hose into the window to prevent the fire from spreading," said fire department battalion chief Brian Wagner.

    "All we did was put out the small remaining fire and transport. Now it's a police matter."





    By Deborah Tetley and Stephane Massinon
    Calgary Herald
    August 31, 2010
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/s...cious+house+fire+explosion/3462837/story.html

Comments

To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!