1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
  1. chillinwill
    Three Seaford residents had to be hospitalized over the weekend after ingesting a synthetic marijuana police in Delaware have just been alerted about.

    Authorities are warning parents of teenagers and young adults not to let their children use this product, identified as JWH-018 or K2, or they could become gravely ill.

    The incident occurred about 7 p.m. Saturday when police and paramedics were called to the 200 block of Arch Street in Seaford for apparent drug overdoses, said Seaford police spokesman Capt. Gary Flood.

    When they arrived, they found a 24-year-old man, 22-year-old man and 18-year-old woman who lacked motor skills, had trouble breathing, heart palpitations and projectile vomiting.

    They were treated at the scene by Sussex County paramedics and taken to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, where two were treated and released,and the 22-year-old man was admitted to the hospital, Flood said.

    “It really could have been bad,” said Flood. “Fortunately, Nanticoke Hospital had received a health alert advisory from the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, so the staff knew how to treat them.”

    An investigation revealed that the victims had purchased this synthetic marijuana from the internet.

    Flood said the Drug Enforcement Administration was alerted and is investigating.

    According to a release last year from U. S. Customs, K2 products were manifested as natural incense and resemble potpourri but are laced with the synthetic cannabinoid compound that users inhale for its marijuana-like stimulant.

    While other parts of the country have seen incidents involving this substance, authorities in Delaware believe this is the first time this synthetic cannabinoid has turned up here.

    Anyone suffering symptoms or side effects from the use of this product, should immediately be taken to the emergency room.

    By TERRI SANGINITI
    March 16, 2010
    Delaware Online
    http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100316/NEWS/100316029/Synthetic+pot+sickens+3++police+say

Comments

  1. twoiko
    Ugh, so much BS over this, it's no worse than a Cannabis overdose apparently! But oh no, Cannabis is illegal so you better get to the emergency room because it could be life threatening!

    Seriously, just stop smoking so much of it, it's obviously much stronger than the brick weed you've run out of.
  2. dutch-marshal
    cannabis overdose.. swim thinks that is impossible.. jwh's on the other hand could be dangerous for ones health and should be taken with care!

    symptomes.. lol swiy says to swim, wow man i'm so high.. LETS go to the emergency room and fast!!.. we are probably in great danger..:laugh:
  3. twoiko
    This is quite ignorant, do you believe that people who have panic attacks and tachycardia when they smoke "too much" or "more than they can handle" are just making it up? Because that's what I mean, it's not really life threatening, no...
  4. Birkill
    Still not life threatning its just like when youve dun 1 to many acid tabs theres nothng really the paramedics can do is there u just gota ride it out n chill out a bit on the dosage next time!
  5. dutch-marshal
    exacly what swim means wirh overdose is, like to much heroin or amphetamine.. so directly life treathning swim knows that smoking to much pot is bad you one and can also be dangerous to someones menthal health and so indirecly someones fisical health

    sorry for the crappy english though..
  6. shivakiva2112
    Well, an overdose is technically any dose that elicits an effect stronger than that which is desired.

    It appears that these unfortunate people actually swallowed the K2, which could explain the overdose. They likely took much more than they would have had they been smoking it, a method for which titrating a dose to one's desires is much easier. Not to mention that the herbal substrate for K2 may not be entirely (or at all) composed of edible materials. Also, it's quite likely that K2 batches aren't very well standardized and that the distribution of the active compounds (JWH-018 and who knows what else) within the substrate is uneven, e.g. there are dense clumps of actives.

    Really the synthetic cannabinoid agonists are more likely to cause problems than cannabis, if only because they haven't been used for centuries. Shiva kitty has definitely taken way too much cannabis via oral consumption in a couple of previous experiences that were overwhelmingly intense and caused physical effects like uncontrollable muscle spasms and tachycardia, that shiva kitty would have been very concerned about (and for good reason) had they not understood that many kitties have been in that position and lived to tell the tale (and laugh about it later).
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!