Pascal’s wager concluded that it would be better to believe in the existence of God than not.
This is not true.
It is better to plan for there being no God.
1) We are currently unable to prove nor disprove the existence of God. – An omnipotent God would know this.
2) We cannot, therefore, know which religion, if any, is correct. – An omnipotent God would know this.
3) Given that rules 1 and 2 are indisputable facts, it is imperative that we plan for there being no God whilst we work towards understanding Our Reality sufficiently to be able to prove, absolutely, whether or not God exists and, if so, what said God might, or might not, require of us.
1) Our ability to achieve rule 3 of THE Answer is limited by the fact that, because of death, the human race has to keep re-learning old knowledge.
2) To achieve rule 3 of THE Answer, the human race has to become immortal.
3) To achieve point 2 of THE Solution, we are likely to be best served by discovering a method for transferring individual consciousness to a non-biological media.
I thank you.
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.