1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Tot died after she swallowed heroin left lying around in a house

By Guttz, Dec 11, 2010 | |
  1. Guttz
    A 19-MONTH-OLD girl died after she swallowed heroin that had been left lying around a house.

    Kinara Ebrahim, of Hawkridge Gardens, St Ann's, is believed to have picked up heroin that had been dropped by a visitor to her grandparents' home.

    Nottingham Coroners' Court heard she had been staying at her grandparents' house on March 30 while her parents were at work.

    Detective Inspector Tony Webster told the inquest that two people with connections to drugs were known to visit the house. They had been arrested but there was not enough evidence to charge them and prove they had dropped the drugs on the floor or in a bin.

    He said: "We know the child was very adept at crawling round the house and would go in waste baskets and pick up things. Family members have said she was quite adept at putting things in her mouth.

    "There's no evidence that anybody has deliberately or intentionally harmed this child. It appears that somebody who has been a visitor has discarded, lost or misplaced an amount of heroin.

    "The child has picked this up herself and that's caused her death."

    Kinara died later that day in hospital.

    A post-mortem examination found a sweet wrapper in her stomach, which she is believed to have found and swallowed.

    DI Webster said none of Kinara's family were involved in the tragedy. "Our investigation showed this was a well cared for and well loved child."

    Notts coroner Dr Nigel Chapman returned a verdict of accidental death. He said: "This drug has been left lying round by someone who has visited the house. This is the danger of any form of drug being left where a child may get it. Children are inquisitive.

    "There was a sweet wrapper there so she was a very inquisitive child. Sadly, in this case Kinara has taken heroin and it has caused her death."

    By claire carter
    Saturday, December 11, 2010, 07:00
    http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/c...eft-house/article-2994867-detail/article.html

Comments

To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!