Today, Tree was prescribed sertraline hydrochloride (Lustral), 25mg per day.
The psychiatrist feels that Tree may be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome, although his symptoms seem to be a combination of:
Tree has previously been on antidepressants following a severe bout of depression in 2005/2006 and his father's death:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (Predominantly inattentive type)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Depersonalisation disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Neither were effective in treating his depression which seemed to subside by itself...
- Venlafaxine (serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor). Side-effects included dizziness, migraine and inability to urinate.
- Citalopram (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). A major side-effect was dizziness upon looking from side-to-side.
Tree is sceptical about this new treatment, but he will temporarily accept it until his appointment next week. He feels methylphenidate may be of benefit but we shall see.
Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.