Today, Tree was prescribed sertraline hydrochloride (Lustral), 25mg per day.
The psychiatrist feels that Tree may be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome, although his symptoms seem to be a combination of:
Tree has previously been on antidepressants following a severe bout of depression in 2005/2006 and his father's death:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (Predominantly inattentive type)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Depersonalisation disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Neither were effective in treating his depression which seemed to subside by itself...
- Venlafaxine (serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor). Side-effects included dizziness, migraine and inability to urinate.
- Citalopram (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). A major side-effect was dizziness upon looking from side-to-side.
Tree is sceptical about this new treatment, but he will temporarily accept it until his appointment next week. He feels methylphenidate may be of benefit but we shall see.