People could die thanks to a new alcohol craze called Vaportini which involves lighting your booze and inhaling the vapour, the fire brigade has warned.
The Vaportini, which comes with a glass sphere which sits above a lit tea light in a pint glass, is expected to be the summer craze for 18 to 35-year-olds when made available in bars, clubs and festivals across the country.
It claims to have "almost no calories; no carbs, no impurities and the effects of consuming alcohol" but there are no safety warnings are on the Vaportini website.
But the London Fire Brigade says heating alcohol in this way could increase the risk of someone having a serious fire which could destroy their home or even kill them.
Group manager Mark Hazelton said: "Any product which encourages people to light candles when consuming alcohol is a concern to us.
"We don’t want to sound like killjoys, but products like the Vaportini could lead to a worrying rise in the number of people being burned and causing fires while drunk."
Photograph NS; Vaportini alcohol inhalation 'could kill'
Thursday 6 March 2014