This is from an online translation of a news report about a 17 year old girl Shenzen, China. The video clip is here:
The girl ... was invited to challenge the "cord K" competition... piles "K powder" ...slowly into the nose, [to win a] ...500 yuan "bonus". [She] suddenly collapsed and was certified dead at hospital....
...The two minute clip [shows] a dozen friends in the crowd... about one meter K inhalation powder.... next to his friends constantly stir up trouble and eventually [she wins] 500 yuan on the spot..., "to accept the award," [she makes a] "V" word victory gestures ... very coquettish.
[Her] friends thought that she was "high Great stripped", and found she did not breathe, so [was] admitted to hospital, but he was certified dead.
That's the gist of the article. It may or may not be true. If it is true, another substance such as MDMA (also popular) may have been involved. Ketamine is very popular in Southern China as club drug. Night clubs even have names like "Baby K." However, despite its widespread use, there have never been any deaths solely attributed to it. There was a previous case in which a 16 year old girl died of a mixture of ketamine and MDMA (I can't find the reference now). The HK government is concerned about the use of ketamine amongst students.
Young girl dies after crazy Ketamine sniffing contest