Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News Chat
Go Back   Drugs Forum > Blogs
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

"A band of dopes, all we who enter here"!
Old

Open Up

Posted 22-01-2017 at 01:42 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

Open that new calendar, turn the page, and begin your new year. Just as in opening the pages of a book, who really knows what the contents will contain?

Just what does "open" really mean for us? What do we open? What does it include? Familiar phrases or words such as "eyes wide open", "keep an open mind", "stay open to new ideas" all qualify as good examples of the concept.

When your eyes are wide open, you see more, possibly have a different insight into an old problem or situation. More light enters, perhaps improving your eyesight. When eyes open in the morning, decisions deliberated on difficult situations during the night may become clearer with the light of day. We may see more clearly now.

Keeping an open mind might require giving up a previously held position...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More Quotes!

Posted 21-01-2017 at 22:43 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

1. I would kill for a Nobel Peace Prize!
2. Always borrow money from pessimists.....they never expect it back.
3. Half the people you know are below average.
4. 99% of all lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6. a conscious is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
7. a clear conscious is a sign of a bad memory.
8. All those people who believe in psychkinesis raise my hand.
9. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
10. How can you tell if you are out of invisible ink?
11. what is the speed of dark?
12.Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
13. Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
13. Hard work pays off in the future, but laziness pays...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Did I REALLY Just Do That?

Posted 09-12-2016 at 23:18 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

."Work, work, work.....
Big pile of it
And the Boss is a jerk!"

So, having held a contract with the same small company for over 3 years, I was recently informed that the contract would not be renewed.

"Well, that sucks." I thought. So I asked what was going on, and was told that, while the quality of my work was excellent and that there was absolutely no problems there, the boss had developed a "personal problem" with me. WTF? Well, it seems that for the last 6 or 8 weeks that I did not respect him enough, I yelled at him, and I was "always questioning his decisions".

Oddly enough, that was all news to me! I am still not too sure how you can yell at someone and not be respectful, when 99.999% of all communication between the two of you is via text...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

You Know You Are Getting Older When.......

Posted 22-10-2016 at 17:50 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

1. Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work.
2. You feel like the morning after, and you didn't go anywhere the night before.
3. Your knees buckle, and your belt won't.
4. You can only burn the midnight oil until 9 O'clock.
5. The twinkle in your eyes is the sun hitting your bifocals.
6. Your back goes out more than you do.

Any more to add?
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Just can't stay away!

Posted 30-09-2016 at 05:04 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

Well, it has finally come to this, I just could not stay away. I took a little journey to "find myself" and, in doing so, I rediscovered.....life. Happiness. Satisfaction, even! I have come to terms with the death of The Dog. I will never get over her, but I understand why she had to go. I have even forgiven my Goddess for taking her! As if that is not hubris personified. Still have one Rotten Little Kitten left, but she has three "trainees", so it is assured that I will continue to be vexed by cats for quite some time to come.

it was all about death. Death of my friends, death of my trusted companions. The death of my feelings and finally, the death of my compassion. But death is not an end, it is a beginning. And I had forgotten that. I had forgotten that it is how you live that counts. Don't get me wrong,...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.

The End

Posted 16-12-2015 at 16:10 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 19-12-2015 at 22:39 by Mick Mouse

The fire has died and the Frying Pan has grown cold. It's over. This has been coming for quite a long time and I have been fighting it off as best as I knew how, but the time has finally come to say my farewell. I have been hammered by loss over ther past few months, what with the loss of the Rotten Little Kittens and some important people in my life, but the biggie came just a few days ago.

The Dog died. As I related in other entries here, she was not doing too well for the past few months. She had a back injury which cause a partial paralysis in her rear legs. I spent thousands of dollars of tests and treatment, finally settling in with twice-weekly rehab therapies using laser, acupuncture, massage, and water treadmill exercises. She was actually improving, and had regained the ability to get up and slowly move about herself....
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

the evolution of a man

Posted 15-08-2015 at 01:47 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 22-10-2016 at 18:31 by Mick Mouse

Yes, St Dismas Novitiate has undergone a drastic change, and has become Ophiuchus. A small and simple explanation can be found in the thread "what does your screen name mean....?"

But as a famous man once said "Change is not inevitable, it is essential. Why fear it or fight it, when you can embrace it and move forward?"

More to come.

OK, I should probably finish this particular topic. Although things have turned out far different that I had anticipated when I began this. But, in essence, things have come full circle. As they always do! I had lost track of that, somehow. But every beginning has an end, just as every end has a beginning. Our thoughts and attitudes, our lives, hell....the very multiverse we exist in-all cyclical. If you travel far enough, you eventually come back to...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Once Apon A Time

Posted 08-08-2015 at 19:50 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

"Strange how paranoia can link up with reality now and then."-Phillip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly

Once upon a time, there was a nation of people who believed everything they were told by their government.

When terrorists attacked the country and the government officials claimed to have been caught by surprise, the people believed them. And when the government passed massive new laws aimed at locking down the nation and opening the door to total government surveillance, the people believed it was done merely to keep them safe. The few who disagreed were labeled traitors.

When the government wages costly preemptive wars on foreign countries, insisting it was necessary to protect the nation, the citizens believed them. And when the government brought the weapons and tactics of war home to use against...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Garbage

Posted 06-08-2015 at 22:11 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

"take out the trash" was a command my mother shouted at me as a kid. Today, I stuff as much of it down the garbage disposal as I can, hit the on switch for a few seconds, and it all goes down the drain. The rest I wrap in a Wal-Mart bag, put it in the can out back, and once a week a big truck magically appears and hauls it away.

Why take out the garbage? Well, it is not worth keeping, and I don't want it to rot, stink, and spoil. it is a pity we cannot do the same thing for our minds: take out the garbage, and for the same reasons.

mind garbage is any negative, nasty thought you need to take out of your mind. It is anything not worth keeping and anything that spoils everything else in your mind and your heart. There are many kinds of garbage that find there way into your mind, but lets talk about the three...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Friends

Posted 16-05-2015 at 15:33 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 21-05-2015 at 18:33 by Mick Mouse

So, I was bouncing around here today and cleaning up some stuff, and I ended up on my profile page. While I was there, I started looking through my "friends" list, and I realized that there are a ton of people who are no longer around, or at least not much, any more.

Burnz, Iceflame, Bluebird21, The Joker, BaZING, and many many more have vanished. One hopes that it is merely a situation in which they have outgrown us and moved on to a happier and more productive and satisfying life.

But there are many, such as Al-k-mist, who have dropped out because of situations such as homelessness or financial upheavals. BaZING and his partner have moved and are quite happy in their new life.

I miss you all, and I wish I knew if you were OK and happy. If you read this, and you ever need anything I can help...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Journey

Posted 07-05-2015 at 04:44 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 03-07-2015 at 06:45 by Mick Mouse

Well, here we are. As many of you might have noticed, I have been absent for awhile. But I was, quite frankly, an ass-hole long before I left.

Why? Well, that is a long and painful story. I have been dealing with some fairly severe emotional problems.

It sounds so simple when you say it like that....."emotional problems". Well, hang on to your hats! Because this journey has been one of pain, fear, and introspection. I have had to not only acknowledge the fact that I had become a thing that I hated, but I had to accept that fact as well.And then deal with the wreckage and consequences.

I am in my early 50's, and this tale started around age 7, so it will be a long story. Not something that I will be able to finish in one or even a dozen sittings, but I will relate everything here. And I will...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

There Are No Losers.....Only Those Who Quit Trying

Posted 23-02-2015 at 15:48 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 17-03-2015 at 15:08 by Mick Mouse

It is not the critic who counts;

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,

Who strives valiantly;

Who errs, who falls short again and again;

Who has known great enthusiasms;

Who spend himself in a worthy cause;

Who, at the best, knows in the end

The triumph of high achievement,

And who, at the worst, knows

If he fails, at least he fails

While daring greatly.

Anonymous

The war between Light and Darkness is not fought
with the clash of great armies
or with the mighty force of arms.

It is contested one life at a time.

For no matter how many are turned toward the Dark,
No matter how many become corrupt,
the Darkness...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

So Damn Bored!

Posted 11-12-2014 at 06:10 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

Well, it is happening, slowly but surely. I am losing interest in this, and it is becoming more of a chore than the intense experience that characterized my every log-in as it was in the past. I neglect my blog, I neglect the social groups, I haven't reached out to anyone on my friends list in so long I have forgotten when the last time was. There was a time when I would be on for literally hours each and every day, and now I just......don't care. I don't know when the last time I posted an article was. My responses to others have been curtailed.

This is probably the most fascinating website I have ever found. But I have ceased making drugs as well as using them. Any experience I could possibly have had is far from unique, and has, in all likelihood, been recounted by someone here at some point in our history. And quite frankly,...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Vision vs. Perception

Posted 13-11-2014 at 20:39 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

How you perceive yourself will contribute to, or detract from, your success and happiness in life. Most people call this "self esteem". They would suggest that you need a vision of your life as you would like it to be so you can move towards success. And, while they may be right, I would like for you to consider another word-phrase to substitute for "vision". this word-phrase is "self-perception", a concept with greater depth of meaning than vision, self-esteem, or self-confidence.

What does it mean to "perceive"? According to Dictionary.com perceive means "to become aware of, to know, to identify by means of the senses." And the second definition is "to recognize, discern, envision or understand." It has its origins in the Latin word percipere, which means "to...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Random Reflections

Posted 13-11-2014 at 18:16 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

I will turn 53 in just a few days. But I don't expect any kind of grand celebration. My opinion is that we should not expect anyone to make a big fuss about our birthdays after turning 18-except maybe those milestone birthdays that mark eras in our lives.

Only a scant few will mark the ominous event, made so by the fact that it was the first in a series of birthdays that have stretched out over the decades. But beyond that, it is significant to me only because it's surprising I ever made it this far, considering all of the stupid stuff I have done in those 50+ years. Living should have finished me off long ago!

Unlike Old Blue Eyes (that's Frank Sinatra to all of you young pups out there), I am also haunted by literally tons of regret for "doing it my way".....which, more often than not, was the wrong way!...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bravery

Posted 09-09-2014 at 21:35 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 06-08-2015 at 21:38 by Mick Mouse

Bravery. The act of being brave. But what is this? What does it mean? Is it the same as courage? Or fearlessness?

Bravery and courage are similar.....the act of moving forward in spite of fear. Many people are brave. Soldiers immediately come to mind, we are trained to run towards danger, rather than away from it. But public servants-our firefighters and cops-can be considered brave as well. Bravery is being willing to place yourself between others and danger. Or being able to face danger yourself, on the behalf of others. Or even just for yourself.

The men of the Irish Brigade were brave when they charged and died at Fredrickburg. Those men cried Erin go braugh as they swept up the blood-soaked slopes of Mary's Heights, died nearly to a man, gained immortal glory, and gave this country notice that the Irish were...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The "Weaker" Sex

Posted 04-09-2014 at 18:37 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 09-09-2014 at 17:40 by Mick Mouse

This is devoted to tough-as-nails women that exposed the lie of being the weaker sex.

Belle Starr was an outlaw in the late 1800's, though her background would have made her the belle of any ball. Born in 1848 into a respectable Missouri family, Maybelle Shirley Starr attended a private school for young ladies, played piano, and received a classical education. Her father, John Shirley, was a businessman who helped to found the school she attended.

While growing up in Missouri, Belle knew of Jesse James and other outlaws with whom she later became associated with after her marriage in 1866 to her childhood sweetheart, Jim Reed. Reed was a restless young man who began farming in Texas but soon fell in with a group of outlaws called the Starr Clan. Jim was killed in 1874, leaving Belle with two small children. She acquired...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Confidence

Posted 29-08-2014 at 18:28 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

What makes one person confident and another insecure? Lets look at this a little closer.

Money-this makes some people think they are invincible. The idea is that the more money you have, the more secure your life is. Remember Bernie Madoff?

Talent is another source of confidence. The brilliant comedian and actor Robin Williams certainly had talent, yet he spent much of his life fighting the demons of alcoholism and drug abuse. Until August 2014, when it became too much and he hanged himself. His talent was indisputable, and yet it could not give him the confidence he needed to deal with daily life.

Status can give some people a sense of confidence. If they can just get that corner office, win the election, or marry into the right family, their life will be grand. But far to many marriages end in disaster,...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Tools

Posted 29-08-2014 at 18:13 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

No, this is not what your lady or your friends call you when you are especially dick-ish! these are the things you use to get things done. For instance:

On August 17th, 1835, the very first wrench was patented by Solyman Merrick of Massachusetts.

Canadian Theodore Witte was pretty good at home repair, but he sure got tired of trying to smooth out the putty around windows using a putty knife. One day in 1894, he was at the bakery and happened to be watching the baker using a cake decorators gun to apply the icing. Witte then went home and designed the "puttying tool" which allowed the caulk to be applied in a smooth even line. Unfortunately, the putty industry did not pay attention and Witte never made much money from his.....caulking gun.

The word "smith" comes from the Saxon word...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

What An Ass!

Posted 06-07-2014 at 22:41 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

Horses, donkeys, and mules are similar, related animals. The biggest differences are in the number of chromosomes. Horses have 64 chromosomes, while donkeys have 62. When they mate, they produce mules or hinnies, which have 63 chromosomes. A mule is the offspring of a mare (female horse) and a jack, or male donkey. The offspring from male horses (stallions) and female donkeys (jinnets) are called hinnies. Most people just lump jinnies and mules together and refer to them as mules, which is what we will do here.

Mules are hybrids, each having one donkey and one horse parent. They can be male or female, but cannot reproduce because of the odd number of chromosomes. Very rarely (like 1 in a million), female donkeys have given birth, but no male mule has ever been known to sire one.. Male mules actually need to be gelded or castrated...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Why We Love Children

Posted 06-07-2014 at 20:45 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

1. A nursery school pupil told his teacher that he had found a dead cat.

"How do you know it was dead?" she asked.

The boy said "I pissed in its ear and it didn't move"

"YOU DID WHAT?" the teacher exclaimed in shock.

"You know" said the boy, "I leaned over and went "pssst" and it didn't move!

2. An exasperated mother, whose son was always getting into mischief, finally asked him, "How do you expect to get into heaven?"

The boy thought it over for a minute and replied, "Well, I'll just run in and out of the door until Saint Peter says, "For Heaven's sake Dylan, either come in or stay out!"

3. One summer evening during an intense thunderstorm, a mother was tucking her son...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.

Inventions That We Need

Posted 06-07-2014 at 20:13 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)
Updated 15-07-2014 at 00:37 by Mick Mouse

TRANSMOGRIFIER-An invention of Calvin's that would turn one thing into another. Like many of his early inventions, this one was made from a cardboard box, although a later portable model was made from a water gun. The Transmogrifier first appeared on March 23, 1987.

Trivia about the Transmogrifier.....

1. It must be turned upside-down to work.

2. Only Calvin and Hobbes can see their Transmogrification, everyone else sees them in their normal form.

3. Calvin's dream was to get Suzy to enter the transmogrifier so he could turn her into a bowl of chowder.

4. The Transmogrifier is one of the three most complicated inventions, with the other two being the Cerebral Enhance-O-Tron and the Transmogrifier Gun.

5. The only...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.

Moments In Time

Posted 13-06-2014 at 20:56 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

-On 14 June 1789, English captain William Bligh and 18 others, cast adrift in a lifeboat from the HMS Bounty in a mutiny 7 weeks before, reach Timor in the East Indies after traveling nearly 4000 miles in the small open boat.
Captain Bligh would fall prey to a total of three mutinies in his career.

-On 13 June 1895, Emile Levassor drives a Panhard et Levassor across the finish line in Paris, to win the worlds first automobile race. He completed the 732 mile course in 49 hours-an average of 15 miles an hour.
His car was powered by a two-cylinder, 750 RPM, 4 horsepower Daimler Phoenix engine.

-On 15 June 1904, morte than 1000 people taking a pleasure trip on New York City's East River are drowned or burned alive as a fire sweeps through the boat and the on-board fire hose did not work.
The life...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Six Stupid Things You Think About Yourself

Posted 13-06-2014 at 20:31 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

The stupid things you think about yourself pollute your mind, limit your achievements, and corrupt your confidence. For some reason, the loudest voice you hear, the one that speaks with the most authority and does the most harm is not your mothers voice.....it is your own.

STUPID THING #1-The Perfection Deception
It goes something like this, "if my performance is not perfect, I am a total failure." You relive each and every performance and brood over all of the ways you screwed up, and in the process, beat the life out of yourself for not being perfect.

You are not perfect, so get over it.

STUPID THING #2-The Mini-Maxi Mistake
This is when you maximize the bad things that happen while, at the same time, you minimize the good things which happen. It is as if the good things you have...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Decisions

Posted 10-06-2014 at 18:23 by Mick Mouse (The 10th Circle Of Hell)

I am thinking about leaving the forum. I have not yet decided completely though. The original reason I joined has been left far, far behind, never to rear its ugly head again. And while I would like to think that I have been able to offer some small contributions over the years, I have been questioning the usefulness of those contributions lately.

I feel as if I no longer have anything worthwhile to contribute. My experiences are not unique, countless members here have had the same or similar things happen. The information I have to offer can be found in a number of other places, or even through other members, such as Al-k-mist and others here.

Should I leave while I am at the top of my game, or hang around like an old relic, until I drift off into obscurity? Maybe go the way of midget porn and the Blood Ninja.....only...
Palladium Member
Posted in Uncategorized

Sitelinks: Information: