Drug Policy Debate Documents
Documents about Drug policy debate.
New entries announced in forum VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS
Allowances: 4.88 Mbytes/0 bytes used

Categories

Post new file
Sort by

Entries Show full/short entries
Access denied "Drugs - Facing Facts. The report of the RSA Commission on Illegal Drugs, Communities and Public Policy" - Executive Summary (U.K.)
The RSA report on the impact of current drug policy in the U.K. First published March 2007. This is the Executive Summary. For the full report see Turkeyphants upload below.  
Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by Micklemouse Find all entries from this user
10-03-2007
196.36 Kbytes Hits 93
Access denied "Drugs - Facing Facts. The report of the RSA Commission on Illegal Drugs, Communities and Public Policy" (U.K.)
The RSA Commission on Illegal Drugs, Communities and Public Policy was set up to take a fresh look at these questions and to try to untangle the complex knot of issues commonly referred to as 'the drugs problem.'  
Submitted by turkeyphant Find all entries from this user
10-03-2007
1.91 Mbytes Hits 59
Access denied $75 Million a Year: The Cost of New York City's Marijuana Possession Arrests
March 15, 2011
Levine, Harry G. and Loren Siegel - Marijuana Arrest Research Project
Commissioned by the Drug Policy Alliance

Marijuana possession was decriminalized in New York in 1977. Yet since the 1990s, the New York Police Department's "marijuana arrest crusade" has led to the arrest of...

Submitted by ZenobiaSky Find all entries from this user
29-01-2014
603.12 Kbytes Hits 5
Access denied 10 Years: TNI Drugs & Democracy Programme 1998-2008
10 Years: TNI Drugs & Democracy Programme 1998-2008

TNI has been involved in international drugs policy work since the 1998 UN General Assembly Special Session on Drugs (UNGASS). This new report summarises the lessons of 10 years of work in this field, emphasising drug controls that respect...

Submitted by Lunar Loops Find all entries from this user
22-07-2008
1.63 Mbytes Hits 20
Access denied 12 Dimensions of a maneagable problem: A collection of expert views
Companion document to Scottish parlament think-tank report, Approaches to drugs and alcohol in Scotland, which can be found below.  
Submitted by Heretic.Ape. Find all entries from this user
15-06-2008
1.81 Mbytes Hits 18
Access denied 2006 Drug Policy Reform Congressional Voter Guide
January 31, 2006
Piper, Bill
Drug Policy Alliance

A nonpartisan tool for gauging members of Congress on their commitment to reforming failed U.S. drug policies. It covers key drug policy votes and related legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives during 2005.

29-01-2014
631.79 Kbytes Hits 3
Access denied 2011 Global Amphetamine Assessment
  U.N. Global assessment of Amphetamine-Type Stimulants (ATS)

United Nations Publication 2011

Submitted by Docta Find all entries from this user
16-09-2011
8.58 Mbytes Hits 18
Access denied A 25 Year Quagmire: The War on Drugs and Its Impact on American Society
Does exactly what it says on the tin. This report was produced by The Sentencing Project (USA), a national non-profit organization engaged in research and advocacy on criminal justice policy issues.

It looks at how the war on drugs has been a primaryncontributor to the enormous growth of the...

28-09-2007
913.91 Kbytes Hits 50
Keywords: war-on-drugs
Access denied A analysis of UK drug policy (2007)
A monograph prepared for the UK Drug Policy Commission

Peter Reuter, Alex Stevens

Submitted by Jatelka Find all entries from this user
05-07-2009
1.26 Mbytes Hits 20
Access denied A clash of policy approaches: The rise (and fall?) of Dutch harm reduction policies towards ecstasy consumption (2005)
International Journal of Drug Policy 16 (2005) 65-72

Uitermark and Cohen

This paper describes the origins and evolution of Dutch harm reduction policies towards ecstasy. It is argued that the national government has allowed and supported local stakeholders to experiment with harm reduction...

See also Ecstasy (MDMA, MDEA, MDA) Documents 

Submitted by Bajeda Find all entries from this user
10-04-2007
201.75 Kbytes Hits 97
Keywords: mdma policy ecstasy harm-reduction
Access denied A CLEAR Plan for the Regulation of Cannabis in Britain
This is a plan for the regulation of the cannabis supply chain in Britain. It has been developed in conjunction with the Independent Drug Monitoring Unit (IDMU) report "Taxing the UK Cannabis Market" (TUKCM). However, it is not entirely synchronous with that report nor is it set in stone. The...  
Submitted by jon-q Find all entries from this user
14-09-2011
36.22 Kbytes Hits 9
Keywords: cannabis
Access denied A collapse in integrity of scientific advice in the UK
Lancet. 2010 Apr 17;375(9723):1319.

Editorial looking at the role of the ACMD in the Mephedrone situation in the UK

Submitted by Anonymous Find all entries from this user
09-05-2010
45.43 Kbytes Hits 13
Access denied A Four-Pillars Approach to Methamphetamine
March 1, 2008
Piper, Bill
Drug Policy Alliance

This report lays out the fundamentals of an effective national strategy for reducing the problems associated with both methamphetamine misuse and misguided U.S. methamphetamine policies. It presents policymakers with a diverse range of...

29-01-2014
3.72 Mbytes Hits 7
Access denied A FRESH APPROACH TO DRUGS
This is a 23 page policy brief document from The Bow Group (UK). It makes grim reading if the UK is to have a change of government as this represents a good cross-section of conservative thinking.  
22-01-2007
151.06 Kbytes Hits 37
Access denied A Public-Health-Based Vision for the Management and Regulation of Psychedelics (2016)
JOURNAL OF PSYCHOACTIVE DRUGS 2016, VOL. 48, NO. 4, 243–252 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02791072.2016.1202459

Mark Haden, Brian Emerson, and Kenneth W. Tupper.

ABSTRACT
The Health Officers Council of British Columbia has proposed post-prohibition regulatory models for currently illegal drugs...

Submitted by Calliope Find all entries from this user
12-10-2016
747.83 Kbytes Hits 3
Access denied A survey of general practitioners' opinion and attitude to drug addicts and addiction (1990)
British Journal of Addiction, Vol. 85, Issue 1, Pages 131–136, Jan.1990

R. T. ABED, E. NEIRA-MUNOZ

Summary:
A survey was carried out to investigate general practitioners' attitude towards drug addicts and addiction. A questionnaire was sent to all GPs in the Norwich Health District and...

Submitted by Behrang Find all entries from this user
14-09-2014
1.32 Mbytes Hits 4
Access denied About Methadone and Buprenorphine
July 1, 2006
Holly Catania, JD

The ideal resource for anyone interested in learning about methadone maintenance therapy and buprenorphine therapy, this booklet was designed for treatment providers, people in recovery, and their families.

29-01-2014
1.79 Mbytes Hits 8
Access denied Access, adherence, quality and impact of ARV provision to current and ex-injecting drug users in Manipur (India): An initial assessment (M Sharma et al 2007)
International Journal of Drug Policy 18 (2007) 319–325

Mukta Sharma, Rajkumar Raju Singh, Phillip Laishram, Basanta Kumarb, Haobam Nanaoc, Charan Sharma, Tanvir Ahmede

Submitted by ThirdEyeFloond Find all entries from this user
27-01-2008
138.63 Kbytes Hits 17
Access denied Addicted to Courts: How a Growing Dependence on Drug Courts Impacts People and Communities
A paper from the Justice Policy Institute , march, 2011

America’s growing reliance on drug courts is an ineffective allocation of scarce state resources. Drug courts can needlessly widen the net of criminal justice involvement, and cannot replace the need for improved treatment services in the...

Submitted by Terrapinzflyer Find all entries from this user
30-03-2011
1.34 Mbytes Hits 11
Keywords: drug_addiction drug_courts
Access denied Addicted to failure
Nadelmann, Ethan.
Foreign Policy, 2004

It’s time for Latin America to start breaking with Washington over the war on drugs.

30-01-2014
44.43 Kbytes Hits 4
Access denied Adherence to HIV treatment among IDUs and the role of opioid substitution treatment (OST) (B Spire et al 2007)
International Journal of Drug Policy 18 (2007) 262–270

Bruno Spire a, Gregory M. Lucas b, M. Patrizia Carrieri

See also Injection Drug Use Documents 

27-01-2008
252.66 Kbytes Hits 21
Keywords: hiv
Access denied After the War on Drugs - Options for Control 5 *
'After the War on Drugs - Options for Control' is a major new report examining the key themes in the drug policy reform debate, detailing how legal regulation of drug markets will operate, and providing a roadmap and time line for reform.  
Submitted by matti_2003 Find all entries from this user
30-06-2006
735.56 Kbytes Hits 86
Access denied Against the Legalization of Heroin
De Marneffe, Peter. (2003). Against the legalization of heroin. Criminal Justice Ethics, 22: 34-40.

Background: On December 29, 2002, the American Philosophical Assocation's Committee on the Philosophy of Law sponsored a symposium on the [sic] drug legalization at the Annual Meeting of APA's...

30-06-2009
3.09 Mbytes Hits 19
Keywords: decriminalization drug-policy legalization prohibition
Access denied Alabama Prison Crisis
October 1, 2005
Judith Greene and Kevin Pranis
A Justice Strategies Report Commissioned by the Drug Policy Alliance

This report, commissioned by the Drug Policy Alliance, found that the rapid growth in Alabama’s prison population - which currently ranks fifth nationally - was fueled by the...

29-01-2014
1.95 Mbytes Hits 2
Access denied Alternatives to Prohibition: Illicit drugs
  The second Australia21 report on Illicit Drugs, Alternatives to Prohibition: Illicit drugs: How we can stop killing and criminalising young Australians,

See also By Country/Region Documents 

10-09-2012
1.42 Mbytes Hits 9
Access denied Americans for Safe Access versus DEA - Court of Appeals decision on classification of marijuana
United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

Americans for safe access (petitioners) versus Drug Enforcement Administration decision made on 22nd January 2013 that marijuana should stay as Schedule I due to 'insufficient evidence' of the drugs medicinal properties.

Submitted by source Find all entries from this user
25-01-2013
347.53 Kbytes Hits 4
Keywords: dea law marijuana medicinal policy
Access denied An alternative to contemporary forms of drugs control
This article analyzes the main concepts utilized in non-repressive drug control models. After discussing three models of cannabis control used in the Netherlands, Switzerland and the German federal state of Schleswig-Holstein, the authors present an alternative model that is based on the German...  
26-03-2007
1.52 Mbytes Hits 27
Access denied An End to Marijuana Prohibition
National Review, 2004.
Nadelmann, Ethan.
AN END TO Marijuana Prohibition The drive to legalize picks up
(document)

30-01-2014
131.69 Kbytes Hits 4
Access denied An Exit Strategy for the Failed War on Drugs - A Federal Legislative Guide
An Exit Strategy for the Failed War on Drugs
A Federal Legislative Guide

Prepared By: Drug Policy Alliance
925 15th Street NW
2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20005
www.drugpolicy.org
© 2013

Submitted by Crazy Insane Sanity Find all entries from this user
18-05-2013
609.17 Kbytes Hits 11
Access denied An exploration of the potential impact of the designated driver campaign on bartenders’ willingness to over-serve (2007)
International Journal of Drug Policy 18 (2007) 458–463

Denise M. Reiling, Michael R. Nusbaumer

Much has been written about the impact of the presence of a designated driver on patrons' consumption, but heretofore, its impact on the behaviour of the server has been virtually ignored. The...

See also Alcohol Documents 

28-01-2008
147.36 Kbytes Hits 47
Access denied Analysis of SCC Decision on Insite safe injection site
Supreme Court of Canada Decision a Validation of Co-operative Federalism, Harm Reduction and Substantive Judicial Review

On September 30, 2011, the Supreme Court of Canada released an important decision in Canada (Attorney General) v. PHS Community Services Society, 2011 SCC 44 (PHS),...

See also Law Documents 

Submitted by jejune Find all entries from this user
01-11-2011
83.39 Kbytes Hits 12
Keywords: canada court drug injection insite
Access denied Analysis of the world situation 2010
International Narcotics Control Board Report 2010  
06-09-2011
660.23 Kbytes Hits 2
Access denied Antiretroviral HIV treatment and care for injecting drug users: An evidence-based overview (F Lert & MD Kazatchkine 2007)
International Journal of Drug Policy 18 (2007) 255–261

France Lert, Michel D. Kazatchkine

See also Injection Drug Use Documents 

27-01-2008
179.56 Kbytes Hits 21
Keywords: hiv
Access denied Approaches to Drugs and Alcohol in Scotland: A Question of Architecture
Report by Scottish parliament think-tank: A systems mapping approach to how Scotland can reduce the harm to it's population from alcohol and drugs by 25% by 2025.

Companion document, 12 Dimensions of Manageable Problem: A collection of expert views, may be found above.

Submitted by Heretic.Ape. Find all entries from this user
15-06-2008
2.78 Mbytes Hits 13
Keywords: scotland think-tank
Access denied Arresting Blacks for Marijuana in California: Possession Arrests, 2006-08
October 2, 2010
Levine, Harry G., et al.

he Drug Policy Alliance and the California State Conference of the NAACP have released a report that documents widespread race-based disparities in the enforcement of low-level marijuana possession laws in California. In the last 20 years, California...

29-01-2014
237.77 Kbytes Hits 2
Access denied Arresting Latinos for Marijuana in California: Possession Arrests in 33 Cities, 2006-08
October 2, 2010
Levine, Harry G., et al.
Drug Policy Alliance

The Drug Policy Alliance and the William C. Velasquez Institute have released a report that documents widespread race-based disparities in the enforcement of low-level marijuana possession laws in California. In the last 20 years,...

29-01-2014
248.28 Kbytes Hits 3
Access denied Assessing the role of syringe dispensing machines and mobile van outlets in reaching hard-to-reach and high-risk groups of injecting drug users (IDUs): a review (2007)
Harm Reduction Journal 2007 Oct 24;4:14

Islam MM (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Islam%20MM%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_RVAbstractPlus), Conigrave KM...

Submitted by Jatelka Find all entries from this user
13-03-2008
204.93 Kbytes Hits 18
Keywords: drug-use harm-reduction intravenous syringe
Access denied Attitudes to Drug Policy and Drug Laws: A Review of the International Evidence
This paper reviews the available evidence about people’s attitudes and views toward national and international drug policy. The first section assesses the main conceptual and methodological problems exhibited by surveys and studies in this domain, including definitions and terminology, sampling...  
26-03-2007
540.25 Kbytes Hits 36
Keywords: drug
Access denied Bath Chronicle article about Nice People Take Drugs in the West of England
Article from Bath Chronicle, Bath local newspaper, about Respect West Country's photo opportunity in support of Release's Nice People Take Drugs Campaign  
Submitted by MatRespect Find all entries from this user
28-09-2009
647.41 Kbytes Hits 12
Access denied Beyond Zero Tolerance: A Reality-based Approach to Drug Education & School Discipline
September 10, 2013
Rodney Skager, PhD
Commissioned by the Drug Policy Alliance

Beyond Zero Tolerance is a comprehensive, cost-effective approach to high school drug education and student assistance that is all about helping teenagers by bolstering the student community and educational...

29-01-2014
1.14 Mbytes Hits 5

Category

Sitelinks: Information: