New entries announced in forum VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS
Allowances: 4.88 Mbytes/0 bytes used

Categories
Drug Culture Documents [18 entries]

Post new file
Sort by

Entries Show full/short entries
Access denied A Criticism of Drug Therapy in Psychiatry 5 *
Pharmacological agents for the treatment of mental illness are coming into increasingly widespread use. Tranquilizers and psychic energizers have stimulated research into neurochemistry and have brought about the formulation of chemical hypotheses that attempts to explain the development of mental...  
Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by jon-q Find all entries from this user
16-10-2011
559.87 Kbytes Hits 37
Access denied A Perinatal Interpretation of Frightening Near-Death Experiences: A Dialogue with Kenneth Ring
A Dialogue with Kenneth Ring
by Christopher M. Bache, Ph.D.
Professor Department of Philosphy and Religious Studies, Youngstown State University Ohio, USA

ABSTRACT: While endorsing several of Kenneth Ring's conclusions, I propose a
more comprehensive interpretation of frightening...

See also Insights & Mystical experiences Documents 

Submitted by Joe-(5-HTP) Find all entries from this user
23-09-2010
176.48 Kbytes Hits 28
Keywords: near-death-experience
Access denied A Psychospiritual Context for the Therapeutic Use of Psychedelics
MAPS - Volume 8 Number 1 - Spring 1998

A Psychospiritual Context for the Therapeutic Use of
Psychedelics
Richard Spurgeon, M.A.
This article is an adaptation of the thesis I
wrote for my M.A. in Psychosynthesis
Psychotherapy at the Institute of
Psychosynthesis in London in...

See also Insights & Mystical experiences Documents  Drug Use Documents 

23-09-2010
87.96 Kbytes Hits 45
Keywords: psychedelic_psychotherapy transpersonal_psychology psychedelic_spirituality
Access denied An extended nondrug MDMA-like state evoked through posthypnotic suggestion
Journal of Psychoactive drugs 2006 38(3)

Arthur Hastings

Abstract
This research explored whether hypnotic suggestion could produce a subjective mindbody condition similar to that produced by the psychoactive drug methylenedioxy methamphetamine (MDMA, Ecstasy). Twelve participants received...

Submitted by Heretic.Ape. Find all entries from this user
17-07-2007
2.77 Mbytes Hits 90
Keywords: mdma hypnosis ecstasy
Access denied Anatomically distinct dopamine release during anticipation and experience of peak emotion to music (2011)
Salimpoor, V., Benovoy, M., Larcher, K., Dagher, A., & Zatorre, R. (2011). Anatomically distinct dopamine release during anticipation and experience of peak emotion to music. Nature Neuroscience, 14(2): 257-264.

Music, an abstract stimulus, can arouse feelings of euphoria and craving, similar to...

Submitted by darkcharmer Find all entries from this user
01-09-2011
801.37 Kbytes Hits 14
Access denied Attention, Automaticity, and Awareness in Synesthesia
The phenomenon of synesthesia has occupied the thoughts of philosophers and artists for decades. With the advent modern behavioral and brain imaging techniques, scientific research on synesthesia has also moved into the mainstream of thought. Here I provide a cognitive neuroscience perspective on...  
Submitted by Gradient Find all entries from this user
11-04-2009
411.91 Kbytes Hits 29
Access denied Beyond Psychotic Experience - Stan Grof interviewed by Jon Atkinson
From Asylum Magazine, Summer 1999 Volume 11 #3

Stan Grof interviewed by Jon Atkinson

23-09-2010
85.30 Kbytes Hits 57
Keywords: grof psychotic-break
Access denied Bunny's and Burrows
A role playing game for rabbits, lots of fun while stoned.  
Submitted by Potter Find all entries from this user
08-03-2013
4.12 Mbytes Hits 7
Keywords: games
Access denied Chemical Revolutionaries: Saskatchewan's Psychedelic-Related Experiments and the Work of Abram Hoffer, Humphry Osmond and Duncan Blewett (2006)
Masters Thesis, University of Regina, 2006.

Barber, Patrick.

Abstract
For many years, the subject of Saskatchewan's experiments with psychedelic drugs (1951-61) has been the focus of popular lore. To this day, it remains a source of both curiosity and controversy. Much the same can be said...

See also LSD Documents  Peyote and San Pedro Documents 

Submitted by Calliope Find all entries from this user
28-08-2015
9.16 Mbytes Hits 8
Keywords: alcoholism lsd mescaline psychosis psychotomimetics schizophrenia
Access denied Clinical features of the exploding head syndrome
J M Pearce

Fifty patients suffering from the "exploding head syndrome" are described. This hitherto unreported syndrome is characterised by a sense of an explosive noise in the head usually in the twilight stage of sleep. The associated symptoms are varied, but the benign nature of the condition...

16-04-2010
1.24 Mbytes Hits 14
Access denied Do synesthetes have a general advantage in visual search and episodic memory? A case for group studies
Abstract
Background
Some studies, most of them case-reports, suggest that synesthetes have an advantage in visual search and episodic memory tasks. The goal of this study was to examine this hypothesis in a group study.

Methodology/Principal Findings
In the present study, we tested thirteen...

17-04-2009
344.05 Kbytes Hits 16
Access denied Dossier zum Projekt Sonosphäre, Stand 2007

Submitted by YIPMAN Find all entries from this user
05-11-2011
520.29 Kbytes Hits 5
Access denied Drugs and Mysticism

Submitted by Maranatha Find all entries from this user
14-02-2013
760.33 Kbytes Hits 9
Access denied Drugs and the Future: Brain Science, Addiction and Society - Chapter 05: Experimental Psychology and Research into Brain Science, Addiction and Drugs (2007)
Drugs and the Future: Brain Science, Addiction and Society

Edited by: David Nutt, Trevor W. Robbins, Gerald V. Stimson, Martin Ince and Andrew Jackson

ISBN: 978-0-12-370624-9

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780123706249

-----------------------

See also Addiction Documents 

Submitted by Behrang Find all entries from this user
23-10-2014
1.76 Mbytes Hits 13
Access denied Drugs and the Future: Brain Science, Addiction and Society - Chapter 08: Cognition Enhancers (2007)
Drugs and the Future: Brain Science, Addiction and Society

Edited by: David Nutt, Trevor W. Robbins, Gerald V. Stimson, Martin Ince and Andrew Jackson

ISBN: 978-0-12-370624-9

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780123706249

-----------------------

Submitted by Behrang Find all entries from this user
23-10-2014
2.14 Mbytes Hits 7
Access denied Drugs as instruments: A new framework for non-addictive psychoactive drug use
Christian P. Muller & Gunter Schumann
BEHAVIORAL AND BRAIN SCIENCES (2011) 34, 293–347

Abstract: Most people who are regular consumers of psychoactive drugs are not drug addicts, nor will they ever become addicts. In neurobiological theories, non-addictive drug consumption is acknowledged only...

Submitted by catseye Find all entries from this user
11-01-2012
766.28 Kbytes Hits 221
Keywords: evolution drug instrumentalization addiction memory
Access denied Evolutionary and anthropological approaches towards understanding human need for psychotropic and mood altering substances (2010)
J Psychoactive Drugs. 2010 Dec;42(4):477-84.

Saniotis A

Human addiction to psychotropic and mood altering substances is an ongoing international problem. While the phenomenon of psychoactive drug use has received considerable theoretical attention there need to be more comparative...

See also Addiction Documents  Drug History Documents 

Submitted by Jatelka Find all entries from this user
29-06-2013
700.31 Kbytes Hits 16
Keywords: addiction anthropology evolution
Access denied Existential neuroscience: a functional magnetic resonance imaging investigation of neural responses to reminders of ones mortality
A considerable body of evidence derived from terror management theory indicates that the awareness of mortality represents a potent psychological threat engendering various forms of psychological defense. However, extant research has yet to examine the neurological correlates of cognitions about...  
Submitted by Synesthesiac Find all entries from this user
15-07-2012
216.35 Kbytes Hits 12
Access denied Experience and Consciousness: Enhancing The Notion Of Musical Understanding
CRÍTICA, Revista Hispanoamericana de Filosofía. Vol. 41, No. 121 (abril 2009): 23–46

ADRIANA RENERO
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

SUMMARY: Disagreeing with Jerrold Levinson’s claim that being conscious of broadspan
musical form is not essential to understanding music, I will argue...

10-06-2012
170.22 Kbytes Hits 8
Access denied Exploding Head Syndrome: Report of Two New Cases
Two case studies of exploding head syndrome (EHS).  
16-04-2010
28.73 Kbytes Hits 18
Access denied Factor Analysis of the Mystical Experience Questionnaire: A Study of Experiences Occasioned by the Hallucinogen Psilocybin (2012)
J Sci Stud Relig 2012,51(4):721-737

Maclean KA, Leoutsakos JM, Johnson MW, Griffiths RR

A large body of historical evidence describes the use of hallucinogenic compounds, such as psilocybin mushrooms, for religious purposes. But few scientific studies have attempted to measure or...

See also Psilocybe mushrooms Documents 

23-05-2013
527.33 Kbytes Hits 10
Keywords: mystical psilocin spiritual
Access denied Genetic Variations in the Human Cannabinoid Receptor Gene Are Associated with Happiness (2014)
PLoS 2014, Vol.9(4), p.e93771

Masahiro Matsunaga, Tokiko Isowa, Kaori Yamakawa, Seisuke Fukuyama, Jun Shinoda,
Jitsuhiro Yamada, Hideki Ohira

Abstract
Happiness has been viewed as a temporary emotional state (e.g., pleasure) and a relatively stable state of being happy (subjective happiness...

See also Medical Marijuana Documents 

31-12-2016
416.99 Kbytes Hits 0
Keywords: cannabinoid_polymorphism subjective_happiness
Access denied Genuine and drug-induced synesthesia: A comparison (2012)
Conscious Cogn 2012, Published online April 20

Sinke C, Halpern JH, Zedler M, Neufeld J, Emrich HM, Passie T

Despite some principal similarities, there is no systematic comparison between the different types of synesthesia (genuine, acquired and drug-induced). This comprehensive review...

See also Hallucinogens in general Documents 

19-05-2013
455.81 Kbytes Hits 9
Keywords: hallucinogens synesthesia
Access denied Hallucinations: Theoretical and clinical overview
Asaad, G., and B. Shapiro. (1986). Hallucinations: Theoretical and clinical overview.American Journal of Psychiatry, 143: 1088-1097.

Abstract: The authors review the literature on hallucinations;hallucinations in different diagnostic categories. The longstanding notion that hallucinations are...

Submitted by Bajeda Find all entries from this user
30-06-2009
49.72 Kbytes Hits 39
Keywords: hallucinations mental-illness schizophrenia
Access denied Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder: what do we know after 50 years?
‘Flashbacks’ following use of hallucinogenic drugs have been reported for decades; they are recognized in DSM-IV as
‘Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (Flashbacks)’, or HPPD. We located and analyzed 20 quantitative studies between
1955 and 2001 examining this phenomenon. However, many...

Submitted by NeuroChi Find all entries from this user
26-02-2013
170.07 Kbytes Hits 47
Access denied Hallucinogen use predicts reduced recidivism among substance-involved offenders under community corrections supervision (2014)
J Psychopharmacol January 2014 vol. 28 no. 1 62-66 doi: 10.1177/0269881113513851

Peter S Hendricks, C Brendan Clark, Matthew W Johnson, Kevin R Fontaine, Karen L Cropsey

Abstract
Hallucinogen-based interventions may benefit substance use populations, but contemporary data informing the...

See also Magic mushrooms Documents  LSD Documents 

27-01-2014
630.51 Kbytes Hits 13
Access denied Hallucinogenic drugs as precipitants of schizophrenia (1974)
William Breakey, Helen Godell, Patrick Lorentz,and Paul McHugh.

Psychological Medicine, 1974, 4, 255-261.

Abstract
The authors have examined the drug-taking histories of 46 schizophrenics and 46 matched controls. They have found that the schizophrenics on average used a wider variety of...

See also Hallucinogens in general Documents 

23-12-2012
954.24 Kbytes Hits 10
Access denied Harm Reduction Guide to Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs.
I've had a look through this very interesting document. It takes a while before the authors begin to make practical suggestions, the first 20 or so pages look like more of an ethical discussion. The guide seems to be well-referenced, I also tend to agree with many of the comments made. Examples...  
Submitted by Mindless Find all entries from this user
20-07-2013
14.23 Mbytes Hits 15
Keywords: antidepressant antipsychotic drugs psychiatric withdrawal
Access denied Hostage Hallucinations: Visual Imagery Induced by Isolation and Life-Threatening Stress
Siegel, R.K. (1984). Hostage Hallucinations: Visual imagery induced by isolation and life-threatening stress. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 172(5), 264-272.

Abstract: The literature on hallucinatory experiences of hostage victims is reviewed. The phenomenology is examined in 30 case...

Submitted by Bajeda Find all entries from this user
30-06-2009
828.96 Kbytes Hits 14
Keywords: hallucinations
Access denied Human nature and the nature of reality: Conceptual challenges from consciousness research (1998)
(1998) Journal of Psychoactive Drugs 30(4)

Grof S

Holotropic states (a large special subgroup of nonordinary states of consciousness) have been the focus of many fields of modern research, such as experiential psychotherapy, clinical and laboratory work with psychedelic substances, field...

Submitted by Heretic.Ape. Find all entries from this user
27-06-2007
1.48 Mbytes Hits 34
Access denied Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations during sleep paralysis: neurological and cultural construction of the night-mare (1999)
Cheyne, J. A., Rueffer, S. D., & Newby-Clark, I. R. Consciousness and Cognition, 8(3), 319–337.

Abstract
Hypnagogic and hypnopompic experiences (HHEs) accompanying sleep paralysis (SP) are often cited as sources of accounts of supernatural nocturnal assaults and paranormal experiences....

Submitted by staples Find all entries from this user
31-10-2009
83.76 Kbytes Hits 14
Keywords: hallucinations sleep paralysis hypnagogic hypnagogia hynopompic hypnopompia
Access denied Illicit use of LSD or psilocybin, but not MDMA or nonpsychedelic drugs, is associated with mystical experiences in a dose-dependent manner (2012)
J Psychoactive Drugs. 2012 Nov-Dec;44(5):410-7

Lyvers M, Meester M

Psychedelic drugs have long been known to be capable of inducing mystical or transcendental experiences. However, given the common "recreational" nature of much present-day psychedelic use, with typical doses tending to be...

See also Ecstasy (MDMA, MDEA, MDA) Documents  LSD Documents  Psilocybe mushrooms Documents 

23-05-2013
102.59 Kbytes Hits 14
Keywords: lsd mdma mystical psilocybin
Access denied Implications of Near-Death Experiences for a Postmaterialist Psychology (2010)
Author: Bruce Greyson

Abstract: Classical physics, anchored in materialist reductionism, offered adequate descriptions of everyday mechanics but ultimately proved insufficient for describing the mechanics of extremely high speeds or small sizes, and was supplemented nearly a century ago by...

Submitted by Mersann Find all entries from this user
12-07-2012
63.68 Kbytes Hits 7
Access denied Is Cognitive Functioning Impaired in Methamphetamine Users? A Critical Review (2012)
Neuropsychopharmacology (2012) 37, 586–608; doi:10.1038/npp.2011.276; published online 16 November 2011

Carl L Hart, Caroline B Marvin, Rae Silver and Edward E Smith.

Abstract
The prevailing view is that recreational methamphetamine use causes a broad range of severe cognitive deficits,...

See also Methamphetamine Documents 

11-03-2014
7.24 Mbytes Hits 42
Keywords: cognitive functioning methamphetamine neuroimaging
Access denied JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association.: North American Indian rock art and hallucinogenic drugs
It is proposed that the aboriginal rock paintings in two areas of North America may have been produced by shamans while they were under the influence of hallucinogenic agents derived from plants. The first of these areas is the Chumash and Yokuts Indian region of California, where polychrome...  
24-06-2009
1011.90 Kbytes Hits 13
Access denied Mental imagery cultivation as a cultural phenomenon: The role of visions in shamanism (1985)
Noll, R. (1985). Current Anthropology, 26, 443-461.

See also Drug History Documents 

Submitted by moda00 Find all entries from this user
18-04-2008
4.61 Mbytes Hits 25
Keywords: anthropology shamanism visions culture
Access denied Mysticism and Psychedelics: The Case of the Dark Night
by Christopher M. Bache, Ph.D.
Professor Department of Philosphy and Religious Studies
Youngstown State University, OH

ABSTRACT: This study uses a model of consciousness derived from LSD-assisted
psychotherapy to illumine an enigmatic set of painful experiences that occur on the mystic's ...

23-09-2010
178.09 Kbytes Hits 25
Keywords: lsd mysticism psychedelic_crisis
Access denied Perception and Knowledge: Reflections on Psychological and Spiritual Learning in the Psychedelic Experience
By Frances E. Vaughan

Transpersonal psychology

23-09-2010
111.11 Kbytes Hits 22
Keywords: lsd transpersonal_psychology
Access denied Personality profile of depressive patients with a history of suicide attempts
AIM: To examine the dimensions and appropriate aspects of personality according to the five-factor model of personality of depressive patients with a suicide attempt history compared to depressive patients without a suicide attempt history and healthy persons. METHOD: Sample of 35 outpatients of...  
01-07-2009
1.64 Mbytes Hits 17
Access denied Plant-Based Medicines for Anxiety Disorders, Part 1 5 *
Research in the area of herbal psychopharmacology
has revealed a variety of promising medicines that
may provide benefit in the treatment of general anxiety and
specific anxiety disorders. However, a comprehensive
review of plant-based anxiolytics has been absent to date.
This article (part 1)...

See also The Euphoric body Documents  Pharmacology Documents  Various drugs not covered by other sections Documents  Nootropics Documents 

Submitted by NeuroChi Find all entries from this user
01-04-2014
252.48 Kbytes Hits 22

Category

Sitelinks: Information: