Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 15:05

36 y/o Female from Australia
creenie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
what is the best way to unblock a needle

went to have a shot and my dam trusty is blocked.. has sucked up alittle water but will not plunge.. A mate told me the best way to unblock is to run under hot water.. does anyone know of any other way..
Old 12-03-2013, 15:20
Palladium Member

44 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,010, Level: 11 Points: 6,010, Level: 11 Points: 6,010, Level: 11
Re: what is the best way to unblock a needle

Yeah, get a new one before you fuck your veins for good.
Old 12-03-2013, 15:32
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,086, Level: 11 Points: 6,086, Level: 11 Points: 6,086, Level: 11
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

well, if one doesn't have access to new rigs and already has a shot in there, heating (gently) the needle with a lighter will usually break up the clot and allow you to use it again.

Post Quality Evaluations:
helpful
Old 13-03-2013, 00:06
Banned

34 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

When my shots are too thick, I just draw back a minute amount of water. My syringes are new with every shot I do, though.
Old 13-03-2013, 02:08

Male from United States
Szgeti is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Numpty View Post
Yeah, get a new one before you fuck your veins for good.
Agreed. You should NEVER use an old needle. One shot, throw it away or go to your nearest needle exchange.
The last thing you want is to collapse your veins.
Old 13-03-2013, 02:20
R.I.P.

33 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13

#1 Light amount of heat (water or lighter, preferably butane, otherwise keep it away from soot)

#2 Suck more water up and squirt everything back into spoon (if you can) and suck up again through filter.

#3 Pour everything out of the back and try #1 and #2 again.

That's all I know of.

good solid advice; Ty for sharing
Old 14-03-2013, 02:28
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from Canada
blissy is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2

Dont reuse needles.. I reused, my own, was only the third time, got an abscess, and a huge scar. But if you must, I always found that vinegar would clean out the gunk. Plain white stuff. Also vinegar is what I used to break down crack and shoot it, so it wont hurt you.
Old 14-03-2013, 06:02

21 y/o Male from United States
g0dspeak should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Bleach, Rubbing alcohol... why don't you just like, order a box of syringes off the net? Better than poking yourself with a dull needle.
Old 15-03-2013, 19:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Female from United States
Mizz Djinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1

1. pull the plunger and dump out the shot
2. bring some water to almost a boil. Cut the heat and let it cool a bit. But not too much.
3. backload the syringe with the really hot water
4. try to plunge

or

fill a glass with water and put the plungerless syringe in the water. Pop in the microwave and nuke for 45 sec.

Now...dear god please go get new rigs. Buy them online if you have to. Find a needle exchange.

for reminding people to proceed with harm reduction; alongside with examples for ops questions
Old 04-05-2013, 10:55

Female from United States
tatatot is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissy View Post
Dont reuse needles.. I reused, my own, was only the third time, got an abscess, and a huge scar. But if you must, I always found that vinegar would clean out the gunk. Plain white stuff. Also vinegar is what I used to break down crack and shoot it, so it wont hurt you.
hello,
i'm fairly new to iv use and my entire body is fucked and battered from injecting and not knowing a damn thing except i want to get high. tell me more about and abcess and an infection and how to identify.
thanks so much!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
21Stend is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Wish i could help you but im still in the process of jumping the barrier and try IV for the first time, watch videos read as much info you can get,and im sure youll have good advices here
Old 05-05-2013, 02:26

Female from United States
lesnoodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

when I did a shot, it got clogged too, but I found out my blood would coagulate quick so I stopped, thank goodness it was the second time I did it I don't try or do it anymore. I am a diabetic so I always have them on hand but it hasn't been an issue since.
Old 06-05-2013, 21:18

23 y/o Male from United States
gmaster should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

I know somebody who had the same problem and though they fixed the needle but ended up in the hospital instead. When mainlining into the heart... do not ever ever use a needle that isn't sterile, used, and functional or you'll be sitting in the hospital thinking "How is it that easy to ruin my heart?".
Old 06-05-2013, 21:22
Banned

Damn that sucks!! I use a new one every single time because this has no room for error. That is awful! So he re-used his needle I take it?
Old 07-05-2013, 13:32
Silver Member

Female from Earth
CunningStunt is captain of the psychonauts.CunningStunt is captain of the psychonauts.CunningStunt is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by creenie View Post
went to have a shot and my dam trusty is blocked.. has sucked up alittle water but will not plunge.. A mate told me the best way to unblock is to run under hot water.. does anyone know of any other way..
Ok.

So, I wasn't going to reply to this thread, which was started some time ago, but the following hasn't yet been mentioned, and I'm feeling chatty, so I'll pass on what I have been told/experienced/believe as a result of banging gear for 20 years:

If you have a used fit that is blocked because of congealed blood, use COLD water to unblock it.

When I was first told this, I was doubtful. I changed my mind when I found a tray that had been used to defrost meat left in the back yard after a BBQ. Had dried blood all over it. Ran hot water over part of it, and it moved very little of what was left on the tray. Ran cold water over the other part of it, and it loosened it much more quickly. Try it.

Apparently really hot water acts to further clot the blood. Bakes it on. Cold water acts more like an anti-coagulant. So, what I did for years was:

1) If I thought I might re-use a fit (not advisable, obviously) I would rinse it with cold water immediately after use, then do the whole water/bleach rinse immediately before using it again.

2) If I had a blocked fit (when trying to draw up a shot) I would try to loosen it first using cold water, then do as above. If cold water didn't work, I would toss the damn thing. Never found that hot water did the trick if residual blood was what was blocking it up.

3) If your fit was fine before you tried to have your shot, but is blocking when you jack it back, I got nothing helpful... Other than drink the dose instead...

4) A clean fit is always your best option. Obviously.

Just my 2cents worth.

PS - just googled "cold water rinse needles" and it seems the info above is still same as put out by harm-minimisation and IVDU organisations.
Old 07-05-2013, 15:23
Banned

I have also noticed that if there are minute air bubbles in the hub of the syringe, it can affect the motion of the plunger. I now make sure there's absolutely nothing in the hub before I stick that up my vein and push it off. It's hard to see tiny air pockets inside the colored hub, but I learned that they can make the plunge harder than normal. Something easy to miss when you're using tuberculin syringes.

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamines