Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 3 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
My cat has heard two answers to this question. About 75% of the people she's talked to have said that it is the left because that one goes to your brain and the right goes towards your lungs. The other 25% said that they are the same because your nasal passageways go the same direction or yadda yadda.
Although my cat believes that the second group has it right, she figures it doesn't hurt to ask. She uses the left side just cause that is what's comfortable, but doesn't see a difference in her high when she uses the right.
So my cat's questions are:
-Is there any scientific/medical reasoning behind which nostril one uses? If so, what is it exactly? Or in other words, is the first group right?
-When YOUR cat snorts a drug, do they feel a different sensation/intensity with different nostrils? And what are the effects of different nostrils on the drugs you've snorted (when/if you've noticed a difference)?
(Now, my cat sees that this question has been raised but she would like to add the question about how (if at all) different drugs affect your cats' highs with different nostrils).
The wolf has never felt any difference when he used substances nasally.
The impression that the left nostril would serve better is IMO the effect of noses as well as septi not being straight.
Stands to discussion whether there are more left- nosers or right-nosers.
The first group's image of nostrils going different ways is scientifically seen pure BS.
Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 27-05-2011 at 09:59.
The rabbit is an ambi-noser and does not feel any difference in drug effects.
If anything, the rabbits right nostril tends to clutter up faster and therefore becomes useless after a good night of fun, but that is probably only due to physiological differences (non-symetric nostrils, like anyone else), nothing more.
The rabbit agrees with the wolf about nostrils going different ways: pure BS.
it really doesnt matter, whoever says the left nostril goes to the brain and the right nostril doesnt, has no idea what theyre talking about, both nostrils meet up in the middle once you go up high enough anyway. Also, you would think that you would NOT want any powder or drugs to go up your nose all the way to your brain because your brain tissue wouldn't absorb the drug anyway it would just sit there and could even do some damage causing bleeding or giving bacteria/viruses a place to grow.
Unless there's some kind of structural abnormality in one nostril, if one's ulcerated or particularly full of snot, there shouldn't be a difference in absorption. And they definitely go to the same place, which is how neti pots work....
In fact, she never heard of someone preferring one over the other. Well one of my friends did but it was because her nose had been broken.
See, my cat finds that a little surprising. Even her and her fellow cats that DON'T buy into the whole "left goes to your brain" shpeal have a preferred nostril. Whether it be because of where their hair parts or which hand they tend to use or whatever else. My cat always goes to her left automatically, just out of comfort, going to the right for her just feels clumsy and awkward haha.
Wow, holy shit. neither nostril goes to your Brain! Neither goes to your Lungs! It's absrobed by mucosa in the sinuses. It does pass the blood brain barrier better, but...well...google up an antomical atlas of the head and see for yourself.
When Canmedaa was doing cocaine, she always used the left. Just a preference thing she guesses.
It just seemed like if she always did it in the same one she got so stuffed up. I dont think there is really a good reason for it, just the way she did it.
Yes it is just because there is more blood vessels in your nose. She has taken things where she has chewed them up and stuck them under her tongue for the same reason. Sublingual = more blood vessels.
She has just found out recently that ritalin and adderall both numb the underside of her tongue when taken sublingually, if she will not chew them and will let them dissolve. Interesting. Ritalin is incredibly bad tasting, adderall not as bad, she tells me. It is sweeter or something.