I completely agree. My (attempted) point was that it'd be kinda reckless to judge the "quality" of a drink by "how-it-smells" when the risk could be so high..
I'd never suggest than a person could inhale enough methanol in a single sniff to cause serious damage... some-SWIM
's inhaled lungfuls of butane
, petroleum, "methylated-spirits" and any number of other volatile-solvents that don't appear to've caused permanent damage (including "propellant", which is a mix of any number of the more damaging solvents... to say nothing of "air-dusters", which are subjectively similar)
Regardless of her personal experience, however, is it really worth inhaling neurotoxic gases for a few minute's giggles? Furthermore, is it worth drinking any
amount of Methanol simply because it probably
isn't damaging, when taken with the con-commitant quantities of ethanol
Erm... SWIM's thinking she went off on so severe a tangent it invalidated the initially-attempted point... but, erm... she thinks there's something relevant lurking somewhere in there! O.o