Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 23-07-2010, 13:36
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,599, Level: 6 Points: 1,599, Level: 6 Points: 1,599, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Opioids and Severe Toothache

My fiend is suffering from probably the worst toothache he has ever had and although all toothache seems like the worst at the time he can safely say this is THEE worst, his eyes water with the pain. Luckily the really really bad pain is intermittent but when it comes it sends him to the floor in agony.

Yesterday he injected a bag of relatively good heroin, in fact it was some of the best quality he has had in a while. Despite this it offered no relief for the toothache, he used it in the middle of one of these waves of incapacitating pain and it did nothing. He was actually quite surprised at this despite his huge tolerance because this was after all a recreational IV dose of diamorphine, 2 doses within an hour of each other actually, probably close to half a gram. It had good effects too which verged on inducing a nod which very rarely happens to him unless he has some benzo's too. Despite this it made no noticeable impact of the pain.

What the fuck is it with toothache that seems to spread, it started on the lower back teeth and now it's entirely focused on the first pre molar at the top and this is just unbearable.

Anyway, he is wondering if anyone finds opioids effective against toothache (or ineffective as the case may be). He has read many posts where people have been given vicodin and even percocet from the dentist but he is thinking this is post op pain of the soft tissues and not direct nerve pain which is what this toothache is. So what do we think about the effectiveness of opioids against toothache?

Oh, i have a dental appointment on Monday.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:42
Silver Member

Male
Tunnelfission1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Re: Opioids and Severe Toothache

People find opiates specifically bipass helping tooth pain, this might sound a bit light, but try some ibuprofen or naproxen (aleve) specifically, it works well for that kind of pain specifically
Old 02-08-2010, 04:50
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Opioids and Severe Toothache

Many People, like Swim, think that Opioids and Toothache are not working,
Ibuprofen have a bigger impact and help much more!
(tunnelfission was quicker!)

Swim looked for many times to read why Opioids are not working,
but until now Swim have no scientific explanation why it is like so!
Old 14-08-2010, 19:04
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,297, Level: 15 Points: 11,297, Level: 15 Points: 11,297, Level: 15

The only opioid that ever seems to work on toothache pain for Girlie is oxycodone, along with some ibuprofen.

She was on high doses of methadone & hydromorphone for a chronic pain issue, and extra methadone & hydromorphone didn't touch the pain, nor did heroin. 2 oxycodone 5mg tablets & 600mg ibuprofen did the trick, though. Even though she didn't feel any kind of recreational high off such a small dose, it worked on the pain.

Years later, she says ibuprofen seems to work the best, tho. Go figure, eh?

~Kailey
Old 14-08-2010, 19:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

41 y/o Male from Albania
plopplop2000 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

I usually get pretty good results with tramadol, although i have to go the same way as many other users here: Ibuprofen works well, and a combination of tramadol and Ibuprofen works great (for me at least) - my dentist prescribed the following last time i had a severe pain: Ibuprofen 600mg (granulates - dissolved in A LOT of water) 4xDay (every six hours, that's the max prescribable dosage i think) + tramadol (extented release) 100mg 3xDay . Please note that above 1600mg/day, ibuprofen has strong anti-inflamatory propperties, which is part of what makes it so efficient on tooth pain, but should be combined with Omeprazol or Esomeprazol (40mg 1xDay) in order to keep it from digging holes in your stomach.

As i said, the combination worked wonders for me, but even that can only get the pain down a bit when you really have a severe tooth problem, and your friend should go to a dentist ASAP.
Old 21-08-2010, 00:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
goldenyears is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1

Depending on what causes the toothache, oil of cloves works wonders if it is an exposed nerve. The Nazi's used this in their torture routines. They would drill into a good nerve exposing the root. In order to bring the tortured person back around they would use oil of cloves. Once the tortured person knew it would stop the pain it was used to tease the person into talking.

A patient needs to ask the pharmacist as they keep it behind the counter. It comes in a very small bottle. A Q-tip can be used as an applicator. It's a good idea to keep some on hand as it seems most toothache start during the night.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:51
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,599, Level: 6 Points: 1,599, Level: 6 Points: 1,599, Level: 6

I was looking through my old posts and i know it's old but i wanted to add that i find tramadol is effective against toothache. I only mention thi sbecause plopplop2000 mentioned it in his/her reply. It seems to me it's the ONLY opioid that i found effective for toothache.

It's strange that it does help since it's barely even an opioid and while it does bind to the µ-opioid receptor it is a very weak analgesic, well at least in comparison to other opioids.
Old 26-07-2011, 23:03
Mercury Member

Male from New Zealand
Zendo needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Hello all,
i just wanted to say that opiates create Dry mouth syndrome wich can cause so many problems with the teeth, there are products one can buy for dry mouth to protect the teeth while on opiates,
Opiates use to Give me toothaches so i would use lozenges with antiseptic to numb the area wich usually worked, also the dry mouth gel works pretty well for me also,

Saliva is great at protecting teeth and opiates keep saliva away sadly,
just wanted to add my 2 cents
Old 27-07-2011, 02:17
Banned

Male from United States
BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.
Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

My dentist alway gives me Hydrocodone, Vicodin
Old 21-02-2015, 21:24
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Germany
Soulfake is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

An hour ago a piece of one of one of my front-side teeth which had a crack broke out after a hot meal and drinking sparkling water afterwards, and if something hot or cold reaches the center of the hole (the root? the hole is directly under the gums) it really hurts. I also have a little karies spot on one back tooth and on the opposite one above a piece is broken out, but without pain, since christmas.

Now I will have to go to the doctor on Monday and wanted to ask what experienced users would suggest to be the highest possible dose of Kratom in combination with (the only things I have) 30mg Codeine, 50mg Tramadol and 1-3mg of either Clonitrazolam or Flubromazolam or a combination of both as well as 5-20mg Deschloroetizolam (and some sceletium tortuosum/kanna) without getting into dangerous zones? (I´m using Kratom and sometimes Tramadol since 1-2 years as well as Phenibut in doses of 1,5-3g daily, along with great amounts of synthetic cannabinoids) I usually use caffeine so I would take a little more to keep me from passing out and stop breathing.

For example today I have taken 3g Kratom (about 5g all over the day), 1g Phenibut and 0,25mg Flubromazolam (Triazolam analogue) and 3mg deschloro-Etizolam as well as synthetic Cannabinoids, 2 pots coffee and some Kanna, so that is my usual high at the moment (I´m daily on benzos since about 5 weeks, but not more than 1,5mg of either Clonitrazolam or Flubromazolam and the first weeks up to 5mg Pyrazolam). I´m also going to take some Ibuprofen, but the last (and only) time I used it I felt like there was a big ball of lead in my stomach, I also had stomach bleedings from Aspirin and generally don´t like those drugs.
I´m also going to put some clove oil on the broken spot before the surgary and ask the dentist if he couldn´t just put some lidocaine on it, even if he´ll claim again that it won´t work (why did the clove oil right now help than?!)

Call me a pussy but I rather would get punched by 10 angry men than getting a syringe for the pain (and that into the gums, we can fly to the moon but can´t numb one teeth without a needle?! And then you can´t even get the medicine you want, I would have been to the dentist weeks ago if I just could go there and get something like oxycodone or diamorphine - where´s the problem with that? The worst would be getting addicted to going to the dentist, even to get a Benzodiazepine you have to be someone who is really crying (I for example can´t do that even when I had 2 broken arms as a child) or really begging for it. It seems to me that in germany doctors and dentists generally don´t give you adequate pain or sleep medicine if you are not half dead yet. Fu**ing fake democracy, only becouse the majority doesn´t complain about getting a needle in your mouth or have massive pain and/or doesn´t know enough about medicine to decide for themselves which way of anesthesia they want I have to suffer from that.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is a 4 year old thread please check dates before posting, also please use paragraphs long blocks of text are hard to read

Last edited by Soulfake; 23-02-2015 at 10:42.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:44
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.Greenport really knows their shit.
Points: 2,498, Level: 7 Points: 2,498, Level: 7 Points: 2,498, Level: 7
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Soulfake:
Refer to what everyone is saying regarding oil of clove.

Bob Marley is currently suffering with a major toothache. Basically in his case, his wisdom tooth is growing sideways, digging into the tooth next to it which now has an exposed (and probably infected) nerve. The pain is so severe that he can feel it shooting down the entire side of his body.

He's tried the classic brushing/flossing/mouthwash ritual, as well as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Lidocaine (similar to benzocaine), alcohol, and oil of clove. Ibuprofen works about 50% effectively. The rest do nothing. Bob doesn't have access to opiates, weed or other painkillers.

Desperate, Bob tried oil of clove. He was very surprised to find that it worked 100% to numb the pain! It works very well.

HOWEVER

* It's very, VERY potent. Bob says you should dilute it or make absolute sure it only gets in the spot it needs to be (virtually impossible). Get the pure substance on your tongue and it will (temporarily) burn your taste buds off. Get it on your lip and it will blister.

* It tastes horrible.
* It smells so freaking strong and gets on everything.

* Like everything, it's only temporary, lasting about 1-6 hours. If you're in that much pain to consider using it, time to see a dentist (as Bob is doing this week.)

* Repeated use of it can reportedly cause nerve damage. Do not swallow it, as it can cause serious side effects (like liver damage) and even be fatal in large doses.
Old 15-04-2015, 05:57

30 y/o Male from United States
BigV should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Opiate for toothache? Overkill! Use a local anesthetic

Share this on:

Tags
clove oil, opiate tolerance, pain management, pain relief

» New Threads
Diethyl ether the misunderstood...
Last post by LucySkyDiamands
19 Replies, 1,765 Views
Teach me how to live without...