42 yr old male 240 lbs.
unknown quantity of N2O charges
20 mg 2CI verified by lab 99.9%
Aderall unknown dose
Patient had used N2O and 2CI (dose weighed for accuracy) on previous occasions. Assumed first time taking Aderall and Xanax patient did not inform sitter they had ingested either of them.
1 hr after taking 2CI. Do not know when patient ingested Pharms. Patient was talking clearly but words did not make sense. Trip sitter assumed this was possible bad trip
. Talk down attempted. Realization that patient was not seeing or hearing those around him. Total disconnect.
Sitter sat next to him to try to assess the situation. Patient pissed himself and pushed them away shouting fuck you. Suspect something might be seriously wrong. Attempt to get some clean dry cloths on him while the situation is assessed. Start calling for Thorazine. Patient throws up. Serious talk about calling 911 and house cleaning.
Patient begins to kick his legs and wave his arms. Looks looks a child throwing a tantrum but is not immediately recognized as a seizure. 911 is called when the sitter hears him clenching his teeth. Fear that he will break his teeth. Grand Mal type seizure begins. Patient is thrashing about and sitter scrambles to keep him from damaging himself. Patient is sweeting and face is red. Sitter stays with patient and everyone else is given the o.k. to leave before the authorities show up.
Patient appears to pass out with loud snoring. Ambulance shows up and is taken to ER. Patient had to be strapped down and a breathing tube was inserted. Patient was not breathing on his own at this time.
Toxicology shows amphetamine
and benzodiazepines. Blood PH is high. High blood PH is due to respiratory acidosis. Respiratory acidosis occurs when the lungs can not get rid of all the carbon dioxide.
Day 2 Patient pulled out breathing tube and began to breath on his own. No apparent brain damage. Patient shows signs of kidney necrosis. May have permanent kidney damage.
I will repost when I can verify the doses of Xanax and Aderall taken. 2CI was weighed and verified 99.9%. N2O was from canister not a tank, hose, or plastic bag. Suspect possible drug
interaction from mixing Pharms.
Just wanted to post this in the hope someone might have a clue as to what went wrong. The medical authorities seem more intent in putting the fear into the patient (rightly so) but do not seem very interested in what happened to the patient as they have written him off as some sort of drug addict. They say that it was the N2O but think that is only because the paramedics found N2O cartridges on scene. Patient has used N2O many times before in much larger quantities. No tank, hose, balloons, or plastic bags were used to administer N2O.
PLEASE play safe always have a trip sitter and inform them what other substances you have ingested. This could have turned out much worse. I hope this post will serve as a warning that things can and sometimes do go very wrong even for experienced drug users so know the signs to look for that will let you know when someone is in trouble and needs immediate medical attention.
Sorry the timeline is crap things happened so fast and no one kept track once things started to go bad. Will update dosages for both Pharms. There are some very good threads out there that list the warning signs please read them.