- Are they being heated at all? If so, that is the problem. If not, I will let you know how I do mine, and I don't seem to have any clumping/water-retaining issues unless I were to heat it. Maybe that will help? I've got the same ones, only 15 mgs instead of 30, but they are 15mg IRT from Roxane (they say 54/733) so I'm pretty sure they only difference is the amount of morphine
, and that everything else should be the same.
- I crush it up in my pill grinder, then put 1cc of water in with it, and stir it well. I take a piece of cotton filter slightly larger than one I would use to do an oxy 30, about the size of a green pea. I roll it up tight, and sorta squish the filter right before I drop it into the solution. When it lands, it should expand slightly because you squished it, and in doing so it will start to suck up the solution and stay unclogged as you draw it all up. I can easily do 2 at a time, and it will draw all the liquid and morphine up, and only leaves behind a VERY slightly damp powder, and draws all the good stuff up. I have tried doing a second wash and find that most of the morphine, almost all, is drawn up in the first wash. And if I put 1cc into the dry powder (a full 100-unite insulin syringe), I would say I get almost all of it back, at least 90-95 units out of the full 100 that the syringe holds, and it definitely has the morphine in it.
- The ONLY exception to this is if one tries to heat the solution. Doing that makes it harder to extract, the wet powder will start to clump/gel (kinda), and will take far longer to draw into the filter. Also, it will be harder to draw the last of the morphine-containing moisture out of the clumped up powder. Basically if it gets heated, it kinda gels up and is much harder to extract, and will be bound to leave more morphine behind in the goop. Sorta like how you described only being able to draw back a small portion, and having most of the water/morphine-in-suspension get left behind in the clumped wet powder. I don't know if you add heat or not, but it sounds like what happens to mine if I were to accidentally heat it up (like I would need to do to a certain amount with certain pills, depending on what kind.... just not this kind).
- So, pre-powder like you are doing (or you could let it sit in the cold water for a minute or two), stir, and draw it up through a filter, all without heating. If it gets heated, it changes it and makes it much harder, and even though you didn't say you heated it, what you describe it as being like seems like what I have seen from one that got heated.
- I don't know if that's the issue or not, but I seem to be able to extract and use these ones IV pretty easily. They are as easy as extracting a Qualitest brand Oxycodone
, and don't seem to clump up and cause problems unless I add heat (which I don't do, but I've done it before and so I know how it acts).
- If you are not adding heat, it could be that you are using smaller needles than I am (so that there is more powder to water ratio), or maybe are taking a larger dose and so the amount of powder is greater than the amount of water, or too close to being equal, and maybe your powder doesn't get enough moisture to actually turn it into a real solution, and it is sorta too sludgy to draw up well in the first place? If that is the case, you would have to add more water for how much powder you are using, potentially having to turn it into two shots instead of one. I can't think of another reason besides either misplaced heating, or not enough water to begin with, that would cause it to act like that. I do have a lot more experience with oxycodone than with these, so there could be something I don't know about, but I have a lot of experience IVing the oxies, and these seem really similar and easy so long as you don't heat them up at all.
- Hope you can get it figured out, because it is easy to do once you have the code cracked, and will bring on a good nod. Not as euphoric as oxies for me, and doesn't kill pain quite as good either, but is still plenty strong and the rush is really nice and completely different than the oxy rush. Good luck!