Notices

Old 29-12-2012, 01:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
turtletime is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Swollen hand after shooting up

My friend is pretty new to injecting heroin. Last night was about his fifth time iving himself ad he usually goes for the hand. Last night he was struggling to find a vein and finally drew blood on a vein below his index finger. He did not notice anything out of the usual, he drew blood, banged about 50 units of te solution, and drew back after to make sure he was still in the vein. He put the remaining solution back in his hand and noticed a little swelling afterwards. He felt the itch go up his arm so he does not think he hit an artery, but has been researching artery hits ad other complications that could cause the swelling that is still present after 24 hours. My friend is kind of sketched out and is wondering if any other ivers have ever experienced a swollen site. Thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 21:06
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
mrMarco is a decent psychonaut.mrMarco is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2
Re: Swollen hand after shooting up

I can tell you from experience that you prob hit an artery and if you also injected into this artery that would cause swelling... i would Keep A close eye on it and dont shoot in that area...and If it gets worse then go straight to ER to get some antibiotics.

Last edited by Smeg; 20-02-2015 at 00:45. Reason: Removal of quote from poster directly above.
Old 08-01-2013, 21:45
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,086, Level: 11 Points: 6,086, Level: 11 Points: 6,086, Level: 11
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

^no, if he hit an artery, it would have been extremely painful. plus there is no artery in the hand, under the middle finger. what happened was you missed the hit. Not all of it but some leaked out, you might have blown the vein.

is the swelling bad (goose egg?), is it warm to the touch, is it painful? If not, you're probably okay, just an allergic reaction but if you get any of those symptoms, it can be a sign of an abcess and in that case you'll need to go to a hospital.

For a beginer, the hand is a very bad place to shoot in. The veins are small and delicate. You should try to shoot in the crook of your elbow, those are the easiest to catch. Hand veins are easy to miss or blow out. If you do shoot into them, inject very slowly and pull back on the plunger at least once after you start shooting to make sure you're still in.
Old 06-08-2014, 19:53
Silver Member

40 y/o Female from Australia
Fidget247 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

The index finger is a particularly sensitive area.
He may have pushed the gear in too fast as it's a small vein, causing leakage (or missed some). Suggest he avoids going there again. Have had similar injuries that have cleared up with time but if there is not noticeable improvement within a week. Definitely seek medical advice.
Old 19-02-2015, 22:18

Female from United States
jjna is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

absolutely need help I am freaking out.

It has been a day but I injected one milligramof a suboxone strip into my hand between my ring finger and pinky. Now where I did it it is swelling swelling right up and I am unable to close my fist. Is this something normal or is this something that I really should be concerned about. And if you're going to reply was oh you shouldn't be doing it and blah blah blah blah blah blah I don't want to hear it I just need help and advice on what I should do and if it's a big concern.
Old 20-02-2015, 00:28
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is on the way upNeznam is on the way upNeznam is on the way up

Jjna. Does it hurt? From experience this should go away in a day or two. I'd put some ice and keep a close watch incase it continues to swell. Just refrain from shooting in the hand until it goes away.
Old 20-02-2015, 00:37

It doesn't hurt unless I tried to make a fist or try to open my hand like you normally would and the rest of my knuckles I just happen to look are starting to get ready to. I am just barely putting some ice on it. I hope it's okay because I don't want to have to go to the doctors and explain to them what happened you know. What do you think happened it didn't hurt when i push it in or I drew back or injected it nothing it just got like this like hours after
Old 20-02-2015, 01:02
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Razar is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1

Gar used to shoot in his hand a lot, because finding veins there is astonishingly easy. However, Gar quickly learned that it's very, VERY easy to miss either partially or entirely, or to otherwise do vein damage this way. Gar knows how pants-pissingly painful it can be to have a shot go wrong when it's in one's hand. So Gar sympathises with jjna and with the OP.

I agree with the previous posters that you should definitely keep an eye on things to make sure that they don't get any worse, however, I wouldn't worry too much. The pain you're going through is just your body's way of telling you how bad an injecting site your hands are.

Try alternating hot and cold packs, massage the affected area and around it too. This should help promote blood flow and thus healing. From personal experience, you could have up to two weeks of painful healing to look forward to. But as was previously said, as long as it doesn't get any worse, then don't worry too much about it.

Peace
Old 20-02-2015, 01:18

Thank you guys a lot. Ill keep u posted
Old 20-02-2015, 01:39
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

53 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 9,177, Level: 14 Points: 9,177, Level: 14 Points: 9,177, Level: 14
Activity: 19.9% Activity: 19.9% Activity: 19.9%

Hello Jina,

I really have to emphasize that we just can't guarantee your safety through information that is given to us over the internet.

No accurate diagnosis is possible via this medium. I also feel compelled to point out that you have intravenously injected a medication that is simply not fit for purpose through this method of administration. I say this with respect, and because I care.

It may be preferable that you do seek some medical attention. The medical profession is bound by confidentiality, and has no right to judge you. Yes, they may advise that the practice is unsafe, but their overriding priority is to diagnose and treat you, whilst being mindful of your safety and dignity.

I would advise being safe and seeing a doctor.

All the best from here.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin

» New Threads
Speed Paste: an overview for those...
Last post by jayray93
3 Replies, 221 Views
Three arrested in Paris over...
Last post by Alien Sex Fiend
1 Replies, 68 Views
advice on pain relief for addict...