Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-01-2013, 21:27

Male from Kazakhstan
Dizmal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can orgasming on meth cause more damage to receptors?

Hello there.

My cousins pet kola bear ruffles was wondering if orgasming over and over and over again, maybe 10-15 times each tweak, could cause further downregulation of the dopamine network/receptors then just using meth alone?

After all your pouring even more dopamine out than being just on meth by itself or orgasming without drugs.

Would this be more damaging for the brain?
Old 19-01-2013, 10:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
AmsuJackal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: Can orgasming on meth cause more damage to receptors?

i think the idea does have some merit. especially if youre chain smoking during it too. a sex marathon can dump just as much dopamine as the drug itself i think. and the 2 together and you could be giving yourself a double whammy
Old 19-01-2013, 11:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

It's definitely possible. Sex addicts do experience periods where their sexual activity must be increased to satisfy their needs, which could be caused by downregulation.

I think the biggest worry would be nerve type effects/damage for your genitals. You also might become so used to having sex high (and high only) that you can only get "on" that way, so it could take a lot of time after sobriety to repair that.

I'm no doctor or anything, but every couple of months I go on a little binge for a weekend and have a lot of sex and masturbate, and seriously I won't be horny at all for at least a week after, and even then it's usually longer...
Old 19-01-2013, 11:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

Quote:
110. (Scholarly facts, Interesting) drug highs- effect seems to be produced through the release of a chemical called dopamine in the pleasure pathway (medial forebrain bundle) of the brain. Euphoria, by the way, is not a cause of chemical dependency.
Damage to brain cells or are you refering to overworking your receptors? As meth does make them fire off dopamine more rapidly than sex or food.

So, no. I don't think it'd damage someones brain cells more than the drug would.. Let alone the ammount of times. Sex/masturbation has a natural way of producing it..imo
Old 23-01-2013, 00:31

Male from Kazakhstan
Dizmal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanks for the responses!

I mean either of the potential two outcomes which are further downregulation or further damage to the receptors and circuits.

Anyone else care to chime in?
Old 25-09-2014, 20:39

Male from United States
Dabbing Wax is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I think it can defiantly cause further damage to your dopamine receptors. A good friend of mine told me a story about when she used to do MDMA and that her boyfriend (who was not a user) couldn't handle having sex and taking MDMA at the same time. He then got addicted and his body got used to both of the pleasures simultaneously. Now I don't know if this applies just for MA, but I would assume they have similar side-effects.
Old 25-09-2014, 21:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
hellborndisease is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

This chart may be of interest, though I imagine levels may vary person to person.
Attached Images
File Type: gif dopamine_meth-800px-1.gif (25.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 25-09-2014, 22:16
Waiting For The Fall Waiting For The Fall is nu online
Titanium Member

70 y/o Male from USA - Texas
Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.
Points: 2,180, Level: 7 Points: 2,180, Level: 7 Points: 2,180, Level: 7
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

We have two things at play here, actually. The dopamine gives you euphoria when you use meth. Normally, the brain also releases dopamine when you are happy: in anticipation of something, or a reward. Meth also stimulates the Central Nervous System (CNS), and does a great job of stimulating your genital area.

While the genitals are buzzing away and you react to the feeling, dopamine is released rewarding you for playing around down there. Nerve stimulation and dopamine euphoria--feel good, and feel good from two different areas of the body.

The only way you are going to cause damage to your dopamine receptors is to keep using meth in a binge-type of situation. If you are doing one shot, or are at least sticking to a small time frame of using meth with any ROA (Route of Administration), when the dopamine neuroreceptors are full, they start shutting down due to the overload (downregulating). Or, if you have used all of the dopamine available, there's nothing to feed the neuroreceptors, and they remain idle.

Only through continued abuse can you damage your dopamine neuroreceptors. Then, if you stop, some of them repair themselves. However, it you have been abusing meth for a long period of time, some of them won't be able to repair.

Last edited by Waiting For The Fall; 25-09-2014 at 22:28.
Old 26-09-2014, 09:49
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
engineering8258 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

damaged receptors? are we also saying that getting off on meth may contribute to impotence ????? maybe because your mind and body get so used to climaxing on that high, that once someone quits using they cant get an erection under sober circumstances?? Idk anything about sexual side effects beyond person to person, but are these things possible?
Old 26-09-2014, 18:39
Waiting For The Fall Waiting For The Fall is nu online
Titanium Member

70 y/o Male from USA - Texas
Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.Waiting For The Fall really knows their shit.
Points: 2,180, Level: 7 Points: 2,180, Level: 7 Points: 2,180, Level: 7
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineering8258 View Post
are we also saying that getting off on meth may contribute to impotence ?????
Impotence? Not really. When using meth, especially IVing, the sexual arousal is extremely high, and you do get accustomed to experiencing sex at that level. When you remove the meth from the equation and have "normal" sex, it is a bit of a let down for a while. It may even be more difficult at first, but you eventually return to business as usual.

People use many different things to boost their sexual experience; some are chemical and others are physical aids. I have found that the one thing that can make you enjoy sex without these is having a new sex partner. The anticipation and newness of that experience can make you forget about the "enhancements."

We are all different in how we satisfy our sexual wants and needs. As in anything, the more we are removed from stimulants, some of the memories fade and we can adjust. The best sex organ we have is the mind, as what we experience in our thinking transfers to our erogenous zones.

Share this on:

Tags
methamphetamine