Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > Drug News > Miscellaneous News
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Miscellaneous News Miscellaneous News about drugs

Old 20-02-2013, 10:30
Palladium Member

Male from Australia
Docta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,258, Level: 14 Points: 10,258, Level: 14 Points: 10,258, Level: 14
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
COKE® addiction death blamed on soft drink, coroner rules

A Coca-Cola addiction death has been blamed partly on the sugary, caffeine-laden soft drink, according to recent reports. On Feb.12, 2013, a coroner announced his findings in the death of a New Zealand woman who drank up to 10 liters of Coca-Cola daily, reported Telegraph.

Coroner David Crerar determined that Natasha Harris, a 30-year-old mother of eight children, died from cardiac arrhythmia caused by the effects of too much caffeine, combined with poor nutrition.

Harris rarely ate, instead consuming massive amounts of calories, caffeine and sugar that led to her strange Coca-Cola addiction death. Harris was also a smoker.

Coroner David Crerar said, "It is more likely than not that the drinking of very large quantities of Coke was a substantial factor that contributed to the development of the metabolic imbalances, which gave rise to arrhythmia."

Credal continued, "I find that, when all of the available evidence is considered, were it not for the consumption of very large quantities of Coke by Natasha Harris, it is unlikely that she would have died when she died and how she died."

In response, Coca-Cola Oceania Ltd released a statement addressing the so-called Coca-Cola addiction death. It reads, in part, " . . . we are disappointed that the coroner has chosen to focus on the combination of Ms Harris's excessive consumption of Coca-Cola, together with other health and lifestyle factors, as the probable cause of her death."

http://www.examiner.com/article/coca...-coroner-rules

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good article highlighting dangers of too much caffeine as part of a very unhealthy lifestyle. That's a LOT to drink in a day though. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
coke.jpg  

Last edited by Docta; 22-02-2013 at 08:53.
Old 26-02-2013, 01:13
Palladium Member

25 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,822, Level: 9 Points: 3,822, Level: 9 Points: 3,822, Level: 9
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: COKE® addiction death blamed on soft drink, coroner rules

"Everything is poison, only the dose makes it not so." (I think that's how the quote goes).

It doesn't matter if you eat organic salad or twinkies, if that's all you eat it will kill you.

I don't see how anyone could consume that much liquid in a day unless they were doing extremely strenous sports or something. I wonder what her teeth looked like. Those poor kids, all eight of them.
Old 26-02-2013, 02:07
Palladium Member

41 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,123, Level: 10 Points: 5,123, Level: 10 Points: 5,123, Level: 10
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
Those poor kids, all eight of them.
That's just it. 8 children?? Hello! Stop now, oh wait, she has.

I might be very stereotypical here, in fact, I am being very stereotypical here. Families in my local area that have more than 4 children seem to not be able to cope and on benefits.
The easiest thing for a mother to do, especially with 8 children, is to chuck some processed crap in the microwave oven, slap it on the table 8 times and say "eat up kids" while she pours them all a glass of coca-cola that she brought for buy one get one free, in the shop on the corner.

People with too much time on their hands, spawning the thousands that they cannot afford to keep, feeding them shit that makes them obese and die young. That's what I see.

Nasty, unhealthy food is what it is, very cheap. That's what poor families can only afford these days. And what does the UK Government decide to do next? Put the tax up on fizzy unhealthy drinks in the hope that parents won't be able to afford it. Go figure.

Sorry.. [/rant]
Old 26-02-2013, 02:12
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - New York
babalooj probably knows what they are talking about.babalooj probably knows what they are talking about.babalooj probably knows what they are talking about.babalooj probably knows what they are talking about.babalooj probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 693, Level: 4 Points: 693, Level: 4 Points: 693, Level: 4
Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2%

I'm sorry,
but one has to be extremely stupid to be drinking that much of anything per day
I don't understand why people could things like that could be okay

Post Quality Evaluations:
Simple, yet important point.
Old 26-02-2013, 02:30
Palladium Member

source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by babalooj View Post
I'm sorry,
but one has to be extremely stupid to be drinking that much of anything per day
I don't understand why people could things like that could be okay
I don't know, I've drunk a lot of it before, and if the mother wasn't working and at home all day, what else is there to do??
If its the sugary coca-cola it leaves a sticky after taste in your mouth which makes you even thirstier, so it is quite possible that she drank this much, maybe not 'everyday' but possible.
Old 27-02-2013, 14:10
RoboCodeine7610 RoboCodeine7610 is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,129, Level: 9 Points: 4,129, Level: 9 Points: 4,129, Level: 9
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

Quote:
Coroner David Crerar said, "It is more likely than not that the drinking of very large quantities of Coke was a substantial factor that contributed to the development of the metabolic imbalances, which gave rise to arrhythmia."

Credal continued, "I find that, when all of the available evidence is considered, were it not for the consumption of very large quantities of Coke by Natasha Harris, it is unlikely that she would have died when she died and how she died."
Completely agree.I'm also a coroner (online degree) and this bears resemblance to a statement I made"

Quote:
34 year old male presents with bruising around the neck, caused by a rope.I find that, when all available evidence is considered, were it not for this individual hanging himself, it is unlikely that he would have died when he died and how he died.
I'm going to testify in court next week.We're suing Home depot for selling such a dangerous product to the public.Someone should stop this injustice.

Robo
Old 27-02-2013, 23:47
Palladium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCodeine7610 View Post
were it not for this individual hanging himself, it is unlikely that he would have died when he died and how he died.
Okay, now THAT is my quote of the week. My sides still hurt!!

Very true though, what a statement.
Old 06-03-2013, 21:37
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Alien Sex Fiend must live here.Alien Sex Fiend must live here.Alien Sex Fiend must live here.Alien Sex Fiend must live here.Alien Sex Fiend must live here.Alien Sex Fiend must live here.Alien Sex Fiend must live here.Alien Sex Fiend must live here.
Points: 2,367, Level: 7 Points: 2,367, Level: 7 Points: 2,367, Level: 7
Activity: 93.4% Activity: 93.4% Activity: 93.4%

from cardiac arrhythmia caused by the effects of too much caffeine? I doubt there is 4gr of caffeine in 10L of coke. No doubt drinking 10L of ANYTHING(including water) a day will kill you soon
Old 06-03-2013, 22:30
Mercury Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Raol Duke needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Omg alert the DEA!! We must put coca cola on the controlled substances act!

Share this on:

Tags
caffeine, caffeine death

» New Threads
Meth and anxiety.
Last post by aaax7
3 Replies, 227 Views
Trying to Get Prescribed...
Last post by detoxin momma
6 Replies, 222 Views
Litmis test thread for all of...
Last post by Synesthesiac