Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News Chat
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 23-06-2013, 01:17
Silver Member

48 y/o Female from United States
LaFolle is captain of the psychonauts.LaFolle is captain of the psychonauts.LaFolle is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 345, Level: 2 Points: 345, Level: 2 Points: 345, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Photos of Fake Meth Substance:Before & After Wash & Melted in Pipe

Circulating lately is this stuff that was advertised as Methamphetamine and supposedly came from reliable sellers.

It looks great...almost too good.

Initial melting and crackback seem in line with the real thing.

Taste is almost non-existent. Lots of white smoke that does have a peculiar odor.

Upon smoking a sample shard, effects reported as follows:

-Fatigue
-Depression
-Headaches
-Nausea

Multiple samples from multiple batches have been sampled and the effect is the same.

To be certain it was not tester, an additional source of methamphetamine was located and sampled, and the normal effects one expects from methamphetamine did result.

Below are some photos of the Fake Meth:

#1 One Sample Before Wash

#2 Two different batches after Dry Acetone wash. Standard wash procedures followed. One batch measured 1gr pre wash, second batch measured 3.5g pre wash. Note that no weight was lost at all during wash.

#3 Test after wash melted in pipe. Note the color and crackback pattern.

Further photos available.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Post Quality Reviews:
Some interesting experimentation, thanks for posting your results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (89.7 KB, 1243 views)
File Type: jpg 038.jpg (90.8 KB, 1176 views)
File Type: jpg 048.jpg (45.8 KB, 1292 views)
Old 23-06-2013, 04:33
Diverboone Diverboone is nu online
Titanium Member

45 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline MedlineDiverboone must mainline Medline
Points: 3,054, Level: 8 Points: 3,054, Level: 8 Points: 3,054, Level: 8
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Re: Photos of Fake Meth Substance:Before & After Wash & Melted in Pipe

No one can conclusively answer this question, at best all that can be offered is an educated guess based upon experience. Also with the evolving trends and associated means to circumvent precursor laws and detection, the adulterants found in methamphetamine have changed also.

My best educated guess based upon limited explanation and pictures, would be that you may have some N-isopropylbenzylamine along with desired product. Your explanation and pictures rules out MSM. I remind you that this is only a guess as there is no way for me or anyone on this site to answer your question conclusively without a doubt.

Post Quality Reviews:
Excellent answer, comprehensive and detailed.
Old 23-06-2013, 05:07
Silver Member

48 y/o Female from United States
LaFolle is captain of the psychonauts.LaFolle is captain of the psychonauts.LaFolle is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 345, Level: 2 Points: 345, Level: 2 Points: 345, Level: 2

Hi Diverboone and thanks for responding.

I know that no one will be able to tell absolutely.

I was hoping for educated guesses, and thanks to you, I got one!

I suspected N-ISO from what you and others have posted. I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else runs into something that has the look of the real thing, but acts just the opposite in terms of effect, AND to let people know to watch out for this counterfeit substance.
Old 23-06-2013, 11:13

Male from Earth
awsy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

This is my first post, but finally you have helped my pet turtle identify this product, my pet turtle has been wondering why i've been getting tired, because some people saying that if you have been smoking for a long time then it won't work on you.

This is the product that my pet turtle been getting for a while, it keeps you awake but tired and depressed, none social. which is totally opposite to what it used to do.

Post Quality Reviews:
Please don't hotlink images as these links go dead with time. Whenever possible upload to DF.
Old 23-06-2013, 16:37
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Australia
michael6120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1

yeah, dosnt look as healthy as my old baggies. Bad product is all over my country too. It's harder than its worth.
Old 23-06-2013, 23:29
Silver Member

Male from United States
teqno is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

There is no way of tell unless smoked. Take a hit and blow the smoke out your nose. It has this distinct taste when blown out thee nose. There is another that a friends dog noticed and watches out for. The fake stuff always has flat shards..Compared to shards of the real stuff which comes in all different sizes and forms but never flat. Friends dog isn't just going by what he saw in the pics above but more in experience on getting ripped a few times and now if he see's flat shards in a baggie he doesn't buy it and calls up another dealer. Flat shards stay away, and don't take the gamble of hoping it's real. The fake stuff no matter what you do won't get you high. You'll just sit there and sweat your ass off, get a 2 sec rush , and only wanting to smoke more. There no meth in it so don't bother. If you have some and questioning it might be you and not the meth? Do the blow out the nose test... You'll see what I mean by the distinct taste, I can't explain you'll just have to compare some real stuff to the fake. Remember dealer passes you flat pieces and tell that dealer, sorry! try again a**hole.
Old 01-07-2013, 19:28

Male from Earth
awsy44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqno View Post
There is no way of tell unless smoked. Take a hit and blow the smoke out your nose. It has this distinct taste when blown out thee nose. There is another that a friends dog noticed and watches out for. The fake stuff always has flat shards..Compared to shards of the real stuff which comes in all different sizes and forms but never flat. Friends dog isn't just going by what he saw in the pics above but more in experience on getting ripped a few times and now if he see's flat shards in a baggie he doesn't buy it and calls up another dealer. Flat shards stay away, and don't take the gamble of hoping it's real. The fake stuff no matter what you do won't get you high. You'll just sit there and sweat your ass off, get a 2 sec rush , and only wanting to smoke more. There no meth in it so don't bother. If you have some and questioning it might be you and not the meth? Do the blow out the nose test... You'll see what I mean by the distinct taste, I can't explain you'll just have to compare some real stuff to the fake. Remember dealer passes you flat pieces and tell that dealer, sorry! try again a**hole.
You are a genius my!, my pet turtle has tried blowing it out of its nose and smells the best stuff ever!, it was all good, its just the pet turtle has some how lost its mouth taste!?.
Old 01-07-2013, 21:06

23 y/o Male from United States
PDX_StreetKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

Looks like scraped resin to me. Send me some in the mail and perhaps I'd be able to tell you. JUST-KIDDING =X
Old 23-12-2015, 11:14

36 y/o Male from Australia
sauceboy is an unknown quantity at this point

My pet kiwi bird just brought 1/2oz of this crap.
Total rip off!
Put in pipe and smoked. Burned ok at start, tasted like proper stuff but with a weird chemical taste, lots of smoke, but felt hollow blowing it out.
Tiny tiny headbuzz then shit! No euphoria, sore gums, no sex drive
Total bullshit!
Did acetone wash. Stayed same weight after wash.

Oh yeah crackback all heaped up and spider cracked.
Australia
Old 26-12-2015, 18:40
Scloud90 Scloud90 is nu online
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,588, Level: 6 Points: 1,588, Level: 6 Points: 1,588, Level: 6
Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0%

If I'm not mistaken iso is brittle where as even a small but modestly sized shard of meth is dense and a bit hard to break. If it's fake or cut, it could be a new one, lots of chemicals can be changed to a crystal form....not as many have close to identical melting points and solubility identical to meth. You could always do a bit more advanced testing relating to meths properties and eventually something will be off if its an uknown substance. Use several different Solvents with appropriate changes in solubility relative to the temperature. For example if meth dissolves in a solvent at a temperature that's below or above room temp and closer to boiling or freezing, but does not at the room temp you can test for it with proper temperature or controls. At worst youll be left unable to prove or disprove there's a substance identitiCal to how meth changes its form of matter.
Old 26-12-2015, 19:14
Cwb20022 Cwb20022 is nu online
Titanium Member

29 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
Cwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline MedlineCwb20022 must mainline Medline
Points: 5,391, Level: 10 Points: 5,391, Level: 10 Points: 5,391, Level: 10
Activity: 35.1% Activity: 35.1% Activity: 35.1%

^^^^^

Lol Scloud i just posted this a few days ago. Haha

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showth...88#post1689588
Old 26-12-2015, 21:41
Scloud90 Scloud90 is nu online
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.Scloud90 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,588, Level: 6 Points: 1,588, Level: 6 Points: 1,588, Level: 6
Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0%

Oh haha that's funny. I've actually posted this answer about testing melting points and solubility at least 6 months ago give or take a few months. It's something that just kinda clicks when you get a bag of meth, smoke it, and notice a shard floating in a melted puddle not reducing with the rest, till the glass gets significantly hotter.
Old 22-02-2016, 02:09
Silver Member

49 y/o Male from United States
Glass Menagerie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Re: Fake Meth Substance

I agree, it looks very much like my understanding of isopropylbenzylamine... but I'm still figuring this out. In 2011, I had something that sounds exactly like what you describe. Foolishly, I kept smoking it, even though it was clearly not what I'd intended to purchase, and was making me sick every time I hit it. (Yeah, I had a bit of a problem at the time...) I finally ended up the hospital for a night, pouring rivers of sweat and with my blood pressure so high I was worried my brain and heart were about to explode. Once I was home, I did a lot of intensive searching online, but got nothing at all except a couple of postings in Australia that seemed to describe what I'd had. I finally, reluctantly, decided it was methcathinone, even though it didn't fit the description well.

Last week got more of the same stuff -- perfectly matches your photos and description. I'm posting some of my observations that I hope will be helpful as we learn to identify this stuff:

I bought a rather expensive UV flashlight last fall, under the impression that I could ID genuine meth by how it fluoresced under UV. Turns out that's bunk -- everything looked purple. BUT: after it melted, it fluoresced a bright yellow / yellow-green. (I have no idea if only meth lights up yellow -- most things, I've learned, have a bright yellow or purple glow, and that's about all I know so far.)

This stuff, this possible isopropylbenzylamine, didn't fluoresce at all when melted or, at best, it glowed a sickly pinkish/purple, occasionally threaded with a cloudy yellow. The more solid areas, which appeared white in the house light with little crackback, didn't glow at all in UV. When I melted and observed the crackback process under UV, it puddle started off as a rather lovely purple with swirls of yellow (which may or may not have been meth). The yellow was above the purple/pink (looking from below), and as the liquid cooled, the yellow vanished almost completely and the dull pinkish/white took over.

After reading that isopropylbenzylamine has a higher melting point, I slowly melted the solid until it just began to run, quickly tilted the bowl so that the melted bit ran off the solid, and let it cool. Invariably.. the bit that had melted and run off would glow a rather somewhat corrputed--but definite--yellowwhen I checked it under UV.

I also noticed the clear, flat crystals. I did wonder (and still do) if my dealer simply cut some meth too much, because there was a lovely shard in the bag... but the shard was the worst of all, no yellow and all purple.

I did an acetone wash and an alcohol recrystllization attempt (I'm very new at that and there's so much misinformation and poor instruction on the process that I am a bit loath to try again on some good product.) Out of a 1.3 grams, I finally ended up with a sad little .08 gram pile of powder... that just about knocked me down when I tried it, and it was a beautiful, neon yellow under UV after being melted.

One last observation, and I will let wiser minds try to figure this out: As the re-crystallization liquid cooled in the tiny jar, it had a very clear, obvious ring of oil at the top. That oil smelled like poison when I tested a flame on it, and turned orange.

This imitation seems to be the absolute norm where I am, and I may be taking a holiday for awhile until it works out of the system... if it ever does. My dealer, whom I've only known since October but who sells at a good price and hasn't yet stepped on anything he's sold me, replaced it with what he said was really good stuff. It was, at least, only cut with the other stuff, but it was far from "really good stuff."

Thanks. This is my first posting, I hope I've followed the rules appropriately. I never wanted to join the site until I began running into this crap; now I want to avoid it and to help others avoid it... BEFORE wasting my money and ruining a planned weekend of fun.

Post Quality Reviews:
Wonderful first post! Keep it up!
GREAT first post. Well written, informative, offers helpful advice - welcome on board.
Old 22-02-2016, 05:19
Silver Member

41 y/o Male from Earth
MoreMoreMore is a decent psychonaut.MoreMoreMore is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 261, Level: 2 Points: 261, Level: 2 Points: 261, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Yeah, I'm sick of playing the guessing game, the test the product game, the
'at what point to I go to the ER game'; the 'how close can I get to death ingesting unknown poisons, metals and chemicals game'.

Supply and demand. All the 'ice' I can find is garbage. I quit.

The thought of smelling one more cloud of iso makes me want to gag. Cuts/imitations have destroyed my health.
Old 22-02-2016, 06:18
Silver Member

Male from United States
morrison is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMoreMore View Post
Yeah, I'm sick of playing the guessing game, the test the product game, the
'at what point to I go to the ER game'; the 'how close can I get to death ingesting unknown poisons, metals and chemicals game'.

Supply and demand. All the 'ice' I can find is garbage. I quit.

The thought of smelling one more cloud of iso makes me want to gag. Cuts/imitations have destroyed my health.
Not to mention the destructive force it has on your transportation and home appliances rusting everything in a night's time from brand new mint condition to rusted out garbage!
Old 22-02-2016, 07:07
Titanium Member

27 y/o Female from USA - Arizona
Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.
Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4
Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7%

Glass Menagerie:
First of all, welcome to drugs forum! If the rest of your posts will be as indepth and descriptive as your first, then you will be an asset to this site!

The UV light experiment was a very clever idea, although, I'm not sold on it's accuracy and reliability to determine quality Meth from the iso, I still think it's definitely worth looking into it more. Also, I appreciate your ability to leave room for error in your ideas. Knowing that you don't know everything and having a willingness to learn from your possible mistakes, is a great quality to have.

Lastly, I would recommend trying to find a new dealer, even though your current one has good prices. If my current dealer gave me a shit product initially, and then when called out on it, replaced it with "really good stuff"... I would look into finding a new dealer asap, even if I had to pay more for a better product. Getting a quality product is typically not so much about where you are, but about who you know and, right now, who you know seems like nothing more than a scumbag low level dealer who knows nothing about how to keep customers coming back for more. Ditch your current idiot dealer and invest time in finding someone higher up on the food chain that knows anything about conducting his business correctly.

Again welcome and good luck in your search!

(Because this was an older thread, I decided to just reply to the newer posts... Hope that's OK!)
Old 01-04-2016, 06:24

28 y/o Female from United States
Hipbones13 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

This iso shoot is the only thing I have been getting in LA I've tried 7 did people its so frustrating is this iso shit a phase and will I ever find real shit again SO9O FRUSTERATED

Post Quality Reviews:
not helpful to the thread
Old 01-04-2016, 15:11

27 y/o Male from United States
yodog should review received reputation comments.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 12.9% Activity: 12.9% Activity: 12.9%

True story. It's all over la. When I get decent shit in reality it's still 50%+ cut, maybe more. I'm done with this stuff. Ironically due to the lack of real meth on the market, whoever decided ' hey let's cut our product and make triple the amount of money' is not getting another dime from me. I was a loyal customer picking up 1-2 balls a week too. This shit is ruining my health 5x quicker than just pure meth with only 5% of the fun of real meth. Nah I'm good lol.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:03

28 y/o Female from United States
Hipbones13 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

So is this only in LA or I don't now here's a picture of my most recent . Weird thing is is what I've been using now is people have two different kinds and then they will put the good kind in the pie and then let you smoke it but then when they sell you the other one it's nasty I have maybe had like two or three good snacks and everything else is just horrible check out this stuff after it's been melted is this what your stuff looks like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.5 KB, 127 views)
Old 04-04-2016, 08:39
Titanium Member

27 y/o Female from USA - Arizona
Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.Addicted2fakelove really adds to the discussion.
Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4
Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqno View Post
The fake stuff always has flat shards..Compared to shards of the real stuff which comes in all different sizes and forms but never flat. Now if he see's flat shards in a baggie he doesn't buy it and calls up another dealer. Flat shards stay away. Remember dealer passes you flat pieces and tell that dealer, sorry! try again a**hole.
I don't know about the validity of this theory, because I obtained 2 huge flat shards not too long ago and they turned out to be some of the best shit I've ever had. I'm not sure if it was just a fluke coincidence that those shards turned out to be amazing, but I really don't think that flat shards are necessarily a reliable indication of bunk shit.

Any thoughts, opinions or experiences?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160322_112955-1.jpg (77.2 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 20160322_113023.jpg (62.4 KB, 97 views)
Old 05-04-2016, 05:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
vaxtor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodog View Post
True story. It's all over la. When I get decent shit in reality it's still 50%+ cut, maybe more. I'm done with this stuff. Ironically due to the lack of real meth on the market, whoever decided ' hey let's cut our product and make triple the amount of money' is not getting another dime from me. I was a loyal customer picking up 1-2 balls a week too. This shit is ruining my health 5x quicker than just pure meth with only 5% of the fun of real meth. Nah I'm good lol.
Sucks you guys are getting garbage in LA... If I were still smoking I'd be pissed as well.. but I know for a fact that good stuff is still around if you know where to look... See what my dealer brought over.. https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284785 ... and that stuff is from So CAL.
Old 06-04-2016, 16:51
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from Australia
Ausshardz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1

I think you're flooded on the west coast over there due to getting your gear from MEHICO whereas we're getting ours from China straight off the boat...at least my situation is that so the gear is pretty schwifty.

Share this on:

Tags
cutting agent, meth, meth cuts, methamphetamine, methamphetamine cuts

» New Threads
Cannabis and Learning?
Last post by WashedCNDL
5 Replies, 145 Views
Booster shots - when/how/what...
Last post by TweakORLifeNOTboth
10 Replies, 790 Views
Where are the responsible meth...
Last post by Rd91825