Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News Chat
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-03-2007, 07:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
Tortoise is a decent psychonaut.Tortoise is a decent psychonaut.
poppy seed tea and grapefruit juice

Ahoy! Swim was going to try taking some grapefruit juice before his next poppyseed tea experience and had a few questions.

1) How much grapefruit juice would he need to significantly boost his high?
2) Assuming he usually takes about 350g of poppy seeds (this seems to work pretty well for him), should he lower the dosage? If so, by how much?
3) Any other precautions?

Any advice would be appreciated as Swim is a moron and will no doubt try it anyway so for safety's sake it's better for him to have as much info as possible.

Thanks!
Old 30-03-2007, 20:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
dequincey85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: poppyseed tea and grapefruit juice

swiy should always be careful as the strength of one batch of seeds may differ from another. depending on if the grapefruit juice is 100% juice or not swiy should drink between 10 and 20 oz. as for the tea swiy could make the same size batch but they should only drink like half and then they should wait a half hour or so and see how they feel
Old 30-03-2007, 23:09
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
darkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way up
Points: 841, Level: 4 Points: 841, Level: 4 Points: 841, Level: 4
Re: poppyseed tea and grapefruit juice

SWITortoise,
SWIM has little experience with poppy seed tead but logic tells him that you should buy a large amount of the same seed batch, and test beforehand. If potency is good, use approx 60% of your normal dose, with about 15oz of Grapefruit Juice.

You don't want to overdo it. It's much better to be sober and alive, mate.

~Dark
Old 04-12-2012, 12:06
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,916, Level: 6 Points: 1,916, Level: 6 Points: 1,916, Level: 6
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Re: poppy seed tea and grapefruit juice

I ingested poppy tea made from 165 g of seeds (strong dose for me) and then ate a grapefruit a half hour later. Never tried grapefruit potentiation before, really just wanted to eat a grapefruit and then I remembered. I'm not worried since morphine itself isn't effected by grapefuit juice after some quick research, but there is increased conversion of codeine to morphine apparently, and there's definitely some codeine in poppy seed tea. If anything remarkable happens I'll report back.
Old 08-12-2012, 21:25
Silver Member

Male from United States
dinosuzuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

I've always thought taking grapefruit juice to potentiate poppies was a bad idea. My logic is this: if you are taking enough grapefruit juice to potentiate the morphine, you are also taking enough grapefruit juice to block the effect of the codeine, as mechanism of action for grapefruit juice renders codeine useless.

So you may be potentiating the morphine, but all your codeine is going to waste. And in my mind, codeine would potentiate the morphine far more than grapefruit juice would.

Does that make sense to anyone?
Old 06-11-2015, 11:05

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
MeadnWeed420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Maybe a bit late on this one, butSeaturtle sorry mate your conversion science is mixed up, the gfj (especially white) kills the liver enzymes responsible for the vonversion of codeine to morphine so taking it prior to the poppyST seems unnecessary, or just useless as mention in an above post, the morphines blood plasma levels may be hightened and duration increased though. But the codeine and other metabolites would pose a greater catalyst for the potentiation of the morphine, other naturally occuring opiates, or whatever you preferable opiates within the tea are(hard to tell with such a mix).
It would be most logical to wait a good few hours for the tea to hit its peak (again hard to tell because of slow comeup and long duration) and then introduce to GFJ if you find ypu need it at all, as PST lasts 6+ hours I hardly see point in extending the duration unless you start on an early morning and want to go till the late evening, and with no responsible activities inbetween!
Looks like about 200-300ml Gfj should be plenty if your desire is mostly required to increase strength of the tea from little product or get most out of it, because I for one am usually still affected by PST next morning even without the juice.

Hope any of this helped, know your PST dosage FIRST! Of same batch, then add gfj if needed.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:38
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Finland
Kisu is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Tried grapefruit juice for the second time last night to test if it would work as a functional potentiator, and the results were pretty much the same as last time. About half an hour prior to ingesting the poppy seed tea, I drank half of the 1 litre carton of juice and used the remaining 5dl in making the tea, replacing half of the tap water with the juice. The result was a noticeable and pleasant muscle relaxation in arms, starting about half an hour after drinking the tea, which faded away after another half an hour. That feeling of relaxation was a familiar effect of PST I got everytime from drinking it until a few months ago, when my tolerance suddenly increased considerably. Aside from it, no other noticeable effects differing from usual were felt in either strength or length of the experience. The only other benefit of adding grapefruit juice to the mix was masking the bitter taste of the tea somewhat and thus making it go down the hatch more easily.

Considering all of this, I probably won't be making a habit of adding grapefruit juice to my daily dosing regimen. I might buy it occasionally when I visit a store that sells it, though, as the muscle relaxation is a desired effect of the poppy seed tea, albeit a bit short lived.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
gonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medlinegonzochef must mainline Medline
Points: 3,957, Level: 9 Points: 3,957, Level: 9 Points: 3,957, Level: 9
Activity: 30.1% Activity: 30.1% Activity: 30.1%

It seems as though as a potentiator grapefruit juice is very hit and miss for people. Some people feel a major change in effects, while others notice little or nothing. There ARE other great potentiators out there, like cyclizine for instance. You might try those and see what happens. I notice full body effects come on earlier and stronger though they don't last longer...
Old 09-11-2015, 09:54
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Arctophylax is a decent psychonaut.Arctophylax is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2

I could imagine using a fresh grapefruit is much better than buying some processed juice... Someone should look here for the smaller and bitter tasting juice grapefruits (selected star ruby) instead of the larger sweet ones.

Best wishes, Arctophylax
Old 10-11-2015, 17:35
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Finland
Kisu is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

I've heard the juice made from concentrate mentioned a couple of times as the best choice for potentiation. Even more often I've read, that it's specifically the white grapefruit juice that works in that regard, so I'm not sure if your suggestion of Star Ruby (which I believe is a red fruit) would be viable.

Share this on:

Tags
drugs-forum, grapefruit, grapefruit juice, opium tea, poppy, poppy seed, poppy seed tea, poppy seeds, poppy tea, poppyseed, tea