Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > Drug News > Miscellaneous News
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Miscellaneous News Miscellaneous News about drugs

Old 10-08-2007, 20:13
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Pattern Of Use And Subjective Effects Of Salvia Divinorum Among Recreational Users

http://addiction.blogosfere.it/2006/...rn-of-use.html

Marco Mozzoni: August 5, 2007

Demographic data and information on pattern of use and subjective effects of Salvia divinorum were obtained by means of self-report questionnaires from a sample of 32 recreational users of salvia and other psychedelics. The study, led by Gonzalez D, Riba J, Bouso JC, Gomez-Jarabo G, Barbanoj MJ, researchers at Departamento de Psicologia Biologica y de la Salud, Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, is published in PubMed.
Involvement with salvia appeared to be a recent phenomenon. Smoking the extract was the preferred form of administration.
Subjective effects were described as intense but short-lived, appearing in less than 1min and lasting 15min or less.
They included psychedelic-like changes in visual perception, mood and somatic sensations, and importantly, a highly modified perception of external reality and the self, leading to a decreased ability to interact with oneself or with one's surroundings.
Although some aspects of the subjective effects reported were similar to high doses of classical psychedelics with serotonin-2A receptor agonist activity, the intense derealization and impairment reported appear to be a characteristic of salvia.
The observed simultaneous high scores on the LSD and PCAG subscales of the Addiction Research Center Inventory (ARCI) have been previously reported for other kappa-opioid agonists, and support kappa receptor activation as the probable pharmacologic mechanism underlying the modified state of awareness induced by salvia.
Salvia divinorum is a member of the Lamiaceae family and contains the psychotropic diterpene and kappa-opioid receptor agonist salvinorin-A.
Originally a shamanic inebriant used by the Mexican Mazatec Indians, the plant and its preparations are becoming increasingly popular among non-traditional users.

Last edited by Salvinorin A; 11-08-2007 at 17:02.
Old 10-08-2007, 20:14

Male from United States
Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.
Re: Pattern Of Use And Subjective Effects Of Salvia Divinorum Among Recreational User

Pinch me! I'm dreaming. Is this a real unbiased salvia article?

Thank you Italy.

Sal-A
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,198, Level: 12 Points: 7,198, Level: 12 Points: 7,198, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Pattern Of Use And Subjective Effects Of Salvia Divinorum Among Recreational User

Please post a link/source.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:38

Male from United States

Whoops sorry...edited it in there. Weird that it's from part of a blog about addiction.

Sal-A
Old 11-08-2007, 16:52

30 y/o Male
violinist3749 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I still don't see a source..
Old 11-08-2007, 17:03

Male from United States

My God, now this forum is playing tricks on me, I could have sworn I threw it in there....now it's there for SURE.

Sal-A

Share this on:

» New Threads
Is Kratom worth it?
Last post by frizz
6 Replies, 85 Views
Triggers... about to pull mine
Last post by frizz
21 Replies, 1,263 Views
My First Time With Phenibut
Last post by Bro Smurf66
18 Replies, 1,588 Views