Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-11-2007, 19:47
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

47 y/o Female
painadvocate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How does ketamine show up on drug tests?

How does ketamine show up on a tox screen, or does it? Is there a specific test for that? For instance, if an individual had used troches (lozenges) made in a compound Rx for a person to control pain, or in the form of nasal spray, would this show up in a basic tox screen (UA)? thanx in advance for any responses! take care all

Last edited by Paracelsus; 04-11-2007 at 21:26. Reason: Descriptive thread titles please!
Old 05-11-2007, 09:07

27 y/o Female
milly-aaiightbois is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Re: How does ketamine show up on drug tests?

Positive Urine Toxicology ScreensAlcohol (Ethanol)
  • 3 to 10 hours
Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
  • 1 to 2 days
Amphetamine Or Methamphetamine
  • 1 to 2 days
  • May also detect MDMA
Methaqualone (Quaaludd)
  • 2 weeks
Barbiturates
  • 2 to 6 weeks
Methadone (Dolophine)
  • 2 to 3 days
Benzodiazepines
  • Moderate use: 3 to 5 days
  • Heavy abuse: 3 to 6 weeks
Morphine
  • 1 to 2 days
Cocaine
  • Direct: 5 hours
  • Metabolite (Benzoylecgonine): 2 to 4 days
PCP (Phencyclidine)
  • 2 to 8 days
  • False positive with Ketamine
Codeine
  • 1 to 2 days
Propoxyphene (Darvon)
  • Direct: 6 hours
  • Metabolites: 6 to 48 hours
Heroin (detected as Morphine)
  • 1 to 2 days
Marijuana (THC metabolite)
  • Urine: Use of one joint: 2 days
  • Use three times per week: 2 weeks
  • Use daily: 3 to 6 weeks
  • Blood: 8 hours

This what shows up on a toxicology screen. Hope this helps It doesn't seem to show ketamine, nor can I find any information to show that it does. But I could be wrong, so get a secong opinion.

Post Quality Evaluations:
peanut gallery research
Very informative post
Old 05-11-2007, 21:13
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9

Read again. It says that ketamine can produce false positives for PCP. And a ketamine defense isn't a very good one to challenge a false positive for PCP.
Old 05-11-2007, 21:39
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Whit is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/keta..._testing.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/...ng_info1.shtml

As usual... could have been found with minimal research.

Google and Erowid are your BEST friends
Old 22-03-2015, 15:40
Silver Member

Male from United States
quazzbert is an unknown quantity at this point

ATTENTION: Ketamine SEEMS to produce no false negatives for PCP.

I know a cat that has a ketamine problem, ironic I know, but the past 2 weeks he has done 500mg of pure ketamine everyday and he just took a drug test, no false positive for PCP, passed it with flying colors... the cat only failed for THC which was to be expected.

Edit: I was asked to add some more information on my post so here it is... This cat for the past month (actually more than 1 month he isn't sure how long exactly) he has come into contact with pure vials of ketamine 1000mg/10mL. This cat was insufflating doses up to 250-500mg a day (not sure if the cat picked up his intramuscular injection habit yet, 95% sure the cat was only snorting ketamine at this point) but the cat and the cats girl friend were doing ketamine chronically for at least a month of almost everyday use. The male cat did a decent amount of ketamine (estimated >500mg) 1 day and 2 days before his Walmart obtained drug test (First check home drug test). No false positives for PCP.

The cats girlfriend was doing about the same amount of ketamine chronically as the male cat (less, but still close to the same amount, her body weight is 110 pounds, the male cat about ~155). But took a 3-4 day break of absolutely NO ketamine, and passed her court ordered drug test. She did ketamine friday night around 2 am was her last time used, and passed her court ordered drug test that next Tuesday around noon.

My cat has been IM'ing ketamine recently, he will do yet a third test to see if he gets a false positive after chronic IM use.

2nd edit: Fixed some wording due to bold claims. Everyone is different so its possible your cats may have different results than my 2 cats.

Last edited by quazzbert; 31-03-2015 at 21:58.
Old 22-03-2015, 20:06
Platinum Member & Advisor

39 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,505, Level: 23 Points: 27,505, Level: 23 Points: 27,505, Level: 23
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Are you making that claim based solely on your experience, or something more?
I would imagine that there are people out there who have only used ketamine and who have registered a false positive before.
Old 30-03-2015, 05:09

43 y/o Male from Earth
Priaprism should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
I would imagine that there are people out there who have only used ketamine and who have registered a false positive before.
I'm full of questions regarding this single anecdotal experience.
What level of testing was done? Was it a quick instant test done by a non-professional by dipping a test strip in the sample? Or was the urinalysis done by a dedicated lab with mass spectrometry or whatever? My employer has the sample taken in a clinic and the sample sent to a laboratory that takes several days to analyze down to the highest degree. I had a test done over a year ago. Tested positive for opiates (had been prescribed Lortab for pain), tested positive for benzodiazepines (again, was prescribed so no problem after showing my current printout from my pharmacy)
The trouble came when they said I had barbiturates in my sample. I was fired immediately. Problem was I'd never in my life taken barbiturates. After a few days I recalled I'd been given a couple Fioricet tablets by my mother for a migraine I was having. She had been prescribed them for her headaches and we didn't think twice about it. A week later I had a random drug screen. BAM. Fired.
I looked up Fioricet and found it contains Butalbital, a drug that is a synthetic barbiturate (if I understood the medical jargon). Guess the screening lab was VERY accurate, or maybe too accurate. I'm thinking the lab just sends back a list of drugs found and my employer looks for words that stand out. In my case, a drug that is similar, but different.
I had surgery recently that used Ketamine for anesthesia (along with morphine and diazepam). Now I'm supposed to report to medical for a drug screen before returning to work as I've been out on medical leave over 30 days. SOP for my employer.
I'm very worried they will fire me for PCP and even showing them proof I was given ketamine I'll be fired because the test will show PCP. For god's sake... Angeldust? I taken anything more illegal than pot, and that was 20 years ago.
I am so concerned I may try cheating with a synthetic urine. I'm not one that believes in cheating. I'm a moral person that just had back surgery and am staring down the barrel of a job loss over uncertainty in a lab testing process. Oh, and if the lab is good they will probably figure out the urine sample is synthetic immediately. So it's a lose lose.
Wonder if I should just give my own piss and let things happen. I'll let this thread know how it plays out over the next few days.
Any wisdom from members here would be appreciated.
Old 31-03-2015, 21:55
Silver Member

Male from United States
quazzbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Solely off experience. I guess the claim that ketamine will never ever give a false positive is a pretty big and bold claim since everyone is different... research has been done and quazzbert has yet to find any definite answers anywhere else so this cat took it upon himself to do my own research. So two cats passed two seperate drugs test and one of those test was a court ordered test for the female cats probation. The other was a First Check home drug test 25ng/mL for PCP - source: firstcheckfamily.com/images/fccutoff2.jpg

Today kitty will take another drug test to see if it shows a false positive after doing IM shots instead of insufflating.

Last edited by quazzbert; 01-04-2015 at 13:17.
Old 01-04-2015, 19:30

43 y/o Male from Earth
Priaprism should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Thank you Quazz.
I get tested tomorrow and have a Test Clear kit ready to go.
Even without ketamine in my system , it will have been 4 days since last IM injection, I know there will be drama over the opiates (hydrocodone for pain after back surgery) and valium for PTSD/anxiety disorder.
My employer fires first and you have to prove innocence. Takes weeks of back and forth with idiots and negligence. And holier than thou attitudes.
I am going to use the powdered urine and if they fire me for fake urine so be it. I'm fed up with my job anyway. I live in the bible belt and these baptists/christians judge others like no one else. I let it be known I was athiest and have had death threats from many coworkers. I report them snd am told I should have kept my views to myself. Freedom of religion. Yeah, sure.
May I suggest avoiding Michelin tires in the future?

Priaprism added 994 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Well, I had my testing done today and they did a hair test instead of urine. I had figured I was safe for the UA and was going to give my own urine as it had been 4 days since the last IM and I'm lean and athletic, and also hydrated like crazy over the past few days.
I was surprised they took hair, they only do that on the pre-employment testing. This was a return to work after back surgery. The hair test is a 90 day test and I had my last surgery with Ketamine used about 96 days ago, so if they test for Ketamine I might be able to sway the argument, but if they get a false positive for PCP then it's a bigger fight. I'll have to show the false positive problem with this drug.
I suppose I'll start getting the anesthesiologist's records for the procedure to prove I was given a huge amount of a drug that gives false positives for PCP.

I've been trying to find info on hair testing and how it turns out specifically regarding Ketamine. I haven't found any info after hours searching. Anyone know a reliable source of info?

Last edited by Priaprism; 01-04-2015 at 19:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, come up, drug, drug test, drug testing, drug tests, drugs, drugs test, home drug test, ketamine, ketamine drug test, methadone, opiate, paracetamol, pcp, toxicology, urine drug test, urine test