This is a confidential service and any information will only be passed on to 3rd parties with the signed agreement of the client.
Accessing the Service
* Self referral
People who feel they may have a problem with drugs
can telephone or call in for an appointment or advice/information.
* Referral by other agency
Clients can be referred to the service by a number of other agencies, including their GP, Health visitor, probation, Community Mental Health Team, Local Prisons and the Police.
* Up-to-date advice and information.
* A full assessment will determine the client's holistic needs, taking into account any physical, psychological, social, educational and employment issues alongside their specific problem of alcohol/drug misuse.
* 1:1 work with an allocated key worker who will work with the client to co-ordinate a care plan.
* Information regarding other appropriate agencies eg. CRUSE.
* Liaison with mental health agencies.
* Facilitation of rehabilitation or detoxification programmes.
* Family support.
* Hepatitis B testing and vaccination.
* Hepatitis C testing.
* HIV testing.
* Liaison with other relevant agencies, including Nacro, Action for jobs, housing, midwifery and child protection.
A range of treatments are offered, including the prescribing of medication if needed.
* Weekly prescribing clinics for detoxification, stabilisation and medication to assist in relapse prevention
* Supportive 1:1 work with key worker either face to face, or via the telephone.
* Routine blood tests and drug
screens via saliva/urine.
* A comprehensive service to clients experiencing alcohol problems including, home detoxification and an alcohol support group.
* Clients attend key worker appointments or contact to rearrange.
* Verbal and physical aggression will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Addictive Behaviours Service
Tees East and North Yorkshire
29 - 31 Yarm Lane
Stockton on Tees
Tel: 01642 802424
Fax: 01642 802425