Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 3 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
Yesterday someone I know was in the woods and he found four 100 mg tramadol injectable tramadol ampules (manufactured by lannacher). Later he bought three 500 mg IM syringes. And he was wondering - how does one inject tramadol inramuscularly? Are all drugs that are administred intramuscularly are done so in the same spot - just above buttocks?
Can he rely on the youtube instructional videos?
Btw, is it okay to inject tramadol which has expired in august 2008?
And how much is good enough? Someone told me he has been riding the tram car every weekend about a year and a half now.
BTW maybe swiy shouldn't go down the IM route. But if he does read this.
If the amps are labled, sealed and intact? they should be ok.
This list should give your ferret some ideas on best practise procedures for IM injections. Dosage wise swim can't really say other than suggested dose for IM pain relief seems similar to oral doses 50mg-300mg in single doses. The maximum repeated daily dose for IM injection is 600mg opposed to 400mg for oral daily doses. There is also a link to a medical video at the end of this post, it's got the same quality as a 1970's porn film, but it explains how to do it pretty well.
1. 21g-23g needle, alcohol prep pad, gauze, band-aid.
2. Wash your hands.
3. Prepare, or mix the medication according to your instructions and draw the medication into the syringe.
4. Attach a new needle to the syringe.
5. Lie down if possible, this helps relax the muscle.
6. Divide one buttock into quadrants. You will always want to give the injection in the outer, upper quadrant, almost toward the hip.
7. Select the site: It should be free of scars or bumps.
8. Clean the site with an alcohol pad and allow to dry. Do not blow on it or fan the site to quicken the drying process. That just pushes the bacteria back onto the site.
9. Spread the skin with your fingers and inject the needle straight down in a dart-like motion all the way.
10. Pull back on the plunger a little. If you see blood enter the syringe, pull the needle out a little and inject the medication. If you do not see blood, simply inject. ******
11. Pull the needle out and dispose of properly in a sharps container. Do not put medical or sharp waste in the regular garbage.
12. Use the gauze to dab up any blood, if necessary, and cover with a bandage.
13. Wash your hands.
1. Apply ice onto the site to numb the area just prior to cleaning it.
2. Relax your buttock. Tension in the muscle makes the injection more painful.
3. Massage the area afterwards to enhance absorption of the medication.
4. After drawing up the medication, change the needle. The sharper the needle is, the less painful the injection will be.
5. Hold the syringe by the barrel and not the plunger. Keeping a finger on the plunger may cause you to inadvertently push the plunger before the needle is entirely in the tissue. This can help prevent you from wasting medication.
Injecting tramadol is a waste. I know someone who had 100mg tramadol amps and IV'd them because he was a fiend and they were designed for it.
It was not unpleasant, he was altered, but it was not euphoric, not even particularly pleasnt. You are better off cracking the amps and drinking the contents. As the baine said, much of its activity comes from it being a prodrug for 0-desmethyltramadol.
When you take something orally and it's absorbed by the lining of the gastrointestinal tract it's taken directly to the liver via the hepatic portal vein where it undergoes first pass metabolism before reaching the rest of the body.