This is my stupid little story, told mostly in pictures, about how much of a difference the isopropyl makes
So yeah, I totally know the addition of isopropyl alcohol
makes a huge difference in both the effectiveness and speed of this method, but I was out of it, and was too lazy to run to the store just for it, and was kind of bored at the time, and was really tired of a clogged pipe...
This more or less follows the same procedure outlined above.
Try to read this post with the same cynicism I wrote it with :)
It's clogged pretty bad... And purple is stupid.
Pipe in plastic bag, as above:
Very hot (brought to boiling first) water added:
And like a dumbass, I burnt myself.
~1 minute later:
At this point, I'm starting to regret not taking a trip to the store.
Finally I got impatient, and decided to heat the water up a little more:
After boiling in microwave for 2 minutes:
Yes, some of the water boiled out of the bag. And my microwave now smells pretty good.
In a new bag, after an attempted reaming with some cotton swabs and pipe cleaners:
And finally, the result:
It's definitely not perfect, and took way longer than it should have, but what the hell...
At least it smokes a lot better now.
Now please excuse me, I have some weed